Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Not Posting on Twitter

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Athensman
Weather Station: WS-2080
Operating System: Windows 7

Not Posting on Twitter

Post by Athensman »

I justed moved my cumulus software to a laptop and have connected my weatherstation to it. Now cumulus will not post to twitter. I have went into the cumulus.ini and deleted the tokens and deleted the program from my apps on twitter. I have put my username and pasword in cumulus and it will not post. Can anyone suggest a fix for this thank you in advance.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Not Posting on Twitter

Post by steve »

Cumulus can no longer obtain tokens since Twitter changed their code again, so the only way it will work is if you put your existing tokens back. If that doesn’t work you have some other problem. There may be useful messages in the diags file, or you may need to turn on debug logging and look at the debug.log file.
Steve
Athensman

Post by Athensman »

so would copying mu cumulus.ini from the machine that did work to the new machine should that fix it?
Athensman

Post by Athensman »

i copied all my files from the working computer to my laptop and it still will not post on twitter. I dont even see the app on my twitter apps that has access to my twitter
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

And the files that I mentioned?
Steve
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

Athensman wrote:i copied all my files from the working computer to my laptop and it still will not post on twitter. I dont even see the app on my twitter apps that has access to my twitter
Please turn on Debugging as suggested by steve, then upload your logfiles (MXDIAGS folder) to here so we can see whats going on. I noticed you are posting in other threads about the same issue. it wont fix itself unless you help us, with information so we can help you.

you cumulus.ini must have the original tokens in it from when Cumulus created the authentication with Twitter before they changed their process.

Creating new tokens will not work.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

Athensman

Post by Athensman »

I dont see a MXDIAGS folder but i am posting my log
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Toxic17 wrote:then upload your logfiles (MXDIAGS folder) to here so we can see whats going on.
Cumulus 1 does not have a MXDIAGS folder only Cumulus MX.
David
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

Athensman wrote:I dont see a MXDIAGS folder but i am posting my log
There os no twitter activity on your logfile at all so not sure what is going on there.

As Steve has said before:
there is now no way for Cumulus to obtain the tokens. You cannot get the tokens from anyone else, they are unique to you.
If you still have copies of your tokens you can edit Cumulus.ini to add them - edit the file with Cumulus stopped.

if that does not work, then you cannot do it, unless you upload to weathercloud - does cumulus 1 do that?

(cumulusMX needed I think): https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 3&p=128364

if you cannot get it working, then either do without twitter, or use some other method for tweeting, like processing webtags to a txt file then use some other means (an application) to tweet that file. Cumulus will not do it for you.

I use this type of method with my forecasts to twitter. I use CumulusMX to process a forecast to a text file, then use "twidge" to upload to twitter independantly of CumulusMX weather uploads. - afaik twidge is linux based only.

I'm sure you can do something similar if you just google it.
Regards Simon

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

water01 wrote:
Toxic17 wrote:then upload your logfiles (MXDIAGS folder) to here so we can see whats going on.
Cumulus 1 does not have a MXDIAGS folder only Cumulus MX.
Yep realised that once I had posted. his debug is not showing any twitter events anyway. there are alternatives, but cumulus is not going to do this for him. unfortunately he does not see it this way.

you just have to process webtags to a txt file, then use that file and uploaded to twitter using some other application. google can help with that.
Regards Simon

Athensman

Post by Athensman »

whats the alternatives
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

Athensman wrote:whats the alternatives
I just told you what to do.

I will now explain in detail what you must do.

The alternatives are as follows:

dont use twitter at all or:

get cumulus to process a text file with your weather tag values you want, and the send that processed file to twitter with an application (NOT CUMULUS) to upload the file contents to twitter.

http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Twitter.txt

so create a file TwitterT.txt with your text editor add the web tags you want.

http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Webtags

setup cumulus to process the TwitterT.txt to a file called twitter.txt

the go to google, and search for a program, utility, script, batchfile or whatever that will upload the contents of that file to twitter.

Schedule the script to upload on a time of your choosing.

the rest is upto you.
Regards Simon

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Another way apparently is to upload to Weathercloud and get that to upload to Twitter. Cumulus 1 has no support for Weathercloud, a user has made a script available to do it.
Steve
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Another way apparently is to upload to Weathercloud and get that to upload to Twitter. Cumulus 1 has no support for Weathercloud, a user has made a script available to do it.
Luckily my Twitter is still working in Cumulus 1 and for Cumulus 1/Weathercloud look here https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... ud#p121746

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

jimbo51
Weather Station: Aercus3083 with sensors
Operating System: windows 10

Post by jimbo51 »

My old PC gave up the ghost and died my new one well new to me cumulus wont upload to twitter. have lates ver of cumulus. running win 10 pro and using meteotemplate. this is what says in the ini file//// 26/05/2018 12:08:00.614 : HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
26/05/2018 12:08:00.614 : Access token response:
26/05/2018 12:08:00.614 : HTTP response code: 0
26/05/2018 12:08:00.614 : Twitter thread exit
26/05/2018 12:09:00.347 : Starting Twitter thread
26/05/2018 12:09:00.347 : Starting Twitter thread
26/05/2018 12:09:00.349 : Requesting Twitter tokens
26/05/2018 12:09:00.349 : Param: x_auth_mode=client_auth&x_auth_password= *********&x_auth_username=*********
26/05/2018 12:09:00.349 : Base string: POST&https%3A%2F%2Fapi.twitter.com%2Foauth%2Faccess_token&oauth_consumer_key%3DlQiGNdtlYUJ4wS3d7souPw%26oauth_nonce%3DF435AC42BA93A4E422FBF98F6360339C%26oauth_signature_method%3DHMAC-SHA1%26oauth_timestamp%3D1527332940%26oauth_token%3D%26oauth_version%3D1.0%26x_auth_mode%3Dclient_auth%26x_auth_password%***********%26x_auth_username***************

I am not to good on pc so any help be greatfull thanks Jim