Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

ftp error

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
peterc
Weather Station: WS3083
Operating System: win 8.1

ftp error

Postby peterc » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi Can anyone advise why I get this error and how to solve it when trying to do a web update

FTP Error: FTP component already connected
Aborting

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: ftp error

Postby steve » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:24 pm

If you are doing a manual update and have automatic updates configured, then it is possible that you are trying to force an update while one is already in progress. The error message can also be a result of a timeout. For better diagnosis of ftp issues, you need to turn on ftp logging and look at ftplog.txt
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

peterc
Weather Station: WS3083
Operating System: win 8.1

Postby peterc » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:55 pm

Thanks - all sorted now

wi3x
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby wi3x » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:24 pm

OK, so here is an even more confusing question. I am setting up a station for the township. I have been running a station at home for years (Davis) with cumulus. I have a pretty good grasp on how things operate and have no issues. Here's my question. I Can't FTP out at the township building right now as we are waiting for IT. to clear us. All is set up and weather underground is running smoothly. I have the FTP boxes unchecked until we are cleared. Here is the funny part, a few times a day i get the township site updated with what appears to be current data but I have no idea how that happens. What am I missing.

Return to “Cumulus 1”