IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Corrupt Min Temp reading

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
muirside
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows7

Corrupt Min Temp reading

Postby muirside » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:42 pm

First time poster though have been using Cumulus for several years trouble free. Last night although frosty it certainly wasn't -67.6C according to my Recent Extremes file. Of course this had a knock on effect with most other temperature calculations.
I tried to go into the Ecit>This Months Records but am afraid I couldnt adjust it to probably the -4C it was. To be quite honest I dont know what I am doing and wasnt intuitive to reset...can anyone give me a step by step guide I can change these figures please

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Re: Corrupt Min Temp reading

Postby PaulMy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:10 pm

You could use the Cumulus\data\daily backup from before the invalid data and copy-in/overwrite all those files in your Cumulus\data folder. That way Cumulus will read the datalogger to update your data. That is assuming the Davis/datalogger does not have the corrupt data. Depending on your datalogger interval you could then have some high/lows missing that Cumulus would have originally recorded during its live connection.

Good luck,
Paul

muirside
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows7

Postby muirside » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:15 pm

Thanks Paul...how do I over write the recent capture ie go back a day...I can see the file from yesterday but dont know (nor does it say in the Help pages) how to overlay it

sfws
Weather Station: Customised mix of Fine Offset
Operating System: Tempermental Win. 10 PC

Postby sfws » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:40 pm

muirside wrote:I can see the file from yesterday but dont know (nor does it say in the Help pages) how to overlay it

'Rewinding' instructions are in FAQ at http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#On_restarting_Cumulus.2C_it_did_not_successfully_read_all_data_from_when_it_last_ran
Essentially you use either a backup in "Cumulus\backup\daily" or the folder above, and copy the entire contents into "Cumulus\data" overwriting all files that relate to current month.

I'm not disagreeing with Paul's advice as that is often the most simple approach, but the problem with that is that you lose all the values that were collected frequently while Cumulus was running and replace them with the subset of values that are stored in the Davis Log. This can be particularly significant for anything that varies a lot like wind speed, but can also mean you miss out on extremes of temperature etc. as Paul says.

To keep all the statistics based on the frequent sampling while Cumulus was running, an alternative (and much more complex) approach is to search the monthly log that contains the readings that Cumulus stores at the logging interval for the line with the rogue value, and just delete that line. Then adjust manually the files containing extremes as required. The Wiki gives much more detailed information about each log from http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Category:Log_Files than the intentionally simple Help pages. The write-up for the monthly log file contains clear advice on correcting data (including correcting the extremes) at http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Monthly_log_files#After_you_have_edited_.28or_created_any_missing.29_Monthly_log_files.2C_you_can: but if you read the FAQ part of the Wiki you will see a lot of advice that might be useful to you in the future.

Return to “Cumulus 1”