Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Wind gust extreme for yesterday and today is incorrect

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
boss281
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 7

Wind gust extreme for yesterday and today is incorrect

Postby boss281 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:36 pm

I've noticed that Cumulus often shows values with wind gust extremes from 2-3 days in the past on the Recent Extremes "today" and "yesterday" portion of the display. Other data appears to match the actual. Any thoughts on this?

WeatherUnderground link provided to demonstrate today's, yesterday's and the prior day data...
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMDNEWWI3#history

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Wind gust extreme for yesterday and today is incorrect

Postby steve » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:45 pm

The usual reason for this with a Davis station is that your console clock and PC clock differ by a few minutes or more.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

boss281
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Wind gust extreme for yesterday and today is incorrect

Postby boss281 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:54 pm

Hmmm. Difference of 8 minutes on the console vs PC. Let's see if that helps going forward. Thanks for the speedy reply.
John

Return to “Cumulus 1”