Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

cumulus not responding

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
abarnett1934
Weather Station: Watson W-8681-Solar
Operating System: Windows 10

cumulus not responding

Post by abarnett1934 »

After 10 years of using Cumulus with no real problems, today when I loaded it, data was updated and display was perfect. However the forecast showed as unavailable. When I went to the website melrosecrescentweather.co.uk the display showed the correct detail. However when I went to dials it stated that the station was now offline.
When I tried to access any details from the computer it stated that Cumulus was not responding.
After a reboot Cumulus would not respond. I am using Windows 10.
When I opened programs, Cumulus is not displayed.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: cumulus not responding

Post by steve »

If you zip up the diags folder and attach it to a reply in this thread, I’ll take a look when I can.
Steve
abarnett1934

Post by abarnett1934 »

Cumulus is acting in most strange way. It will open, download data and publish onto the net. As long as I leave it alone it works OK, but the moment I try to open, say "view" it displays this, but when I try to close it the not responding comes up. Cumulus is then closed and when I open it again, it takes ages to settle down. As requested, I am send a zip file of diags.
Best wishes,
Arthur
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

A quick scan shows lots of "Invalid first block of memory" errors. Sounds like it might be time to perform a power reset of the console and see if that clears it? (power adaptor out, batteries out, USB disconnected for 30 seconds)
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I haven’t had chance to look at your diags files (need my laptop for that) but from what Mark has seen it sounds like you have a communication issue with your console and I endorse Mark’s suggestion.
Steve
abarnett1934

Post by abarnett1934 »

Dear Mark & Steve,
Many thanks for your reply and suggestions. I have completely uninstalled Cumulus, shut down the computer and then installed the program again.
The program is now exactly as it was before. When I open the program, the data is quickly downloaded and everything appears to be well. The forecast now takes 60 seconds to appear. None of the tabs seem to work. If I click on "view" nothing happens for quite a while and then it appears and I can work with it. When I click on minimise the same thing happens and when eventually it does, I have a real problem getting the program to respond. At least I am not getting the Cumulus not responding screen.
The program is uploading to the web and if left alone is OK. It's just the tabs that are taking an age to respond. I suppose I can live with this, but It's a mystery as to why its not working as it was last week. I have followed your tip about the console but this is the situation I am in at the moment.
I have a feeling that the console is probably faulty.
Thanks again, Arthur
abarnett1934

Post by abarnett1934 »

Problem solved.
First I uninstalled Cumulus
Then did a cold boot
Deleted the folder Cumulus in C drive
Ran CCleaner to remove registry files
Downloaded Cumulus and installed it on the computer