Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weathercloud set-up

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
noravalley
Weather Station: VP2 pro
Operating System: Win 7

Weathercloud set-up

Post by noravalley »

G'day All,

I've just recently moved from Weatherlink to Cumulus v1.9.4 for better stability, so far so good!
I have set up uploads to Weather Underground and that worked perfectly straight away, however I do upload to Weathercloud and this has been much more difficult!

I have followed the instructions from https://weathercloud.net/info/cumulus and the readme file several times and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
My settings are as follows -
Local filenames - C:\Cumulus\weathercloud_realtime_template.txt
Remote filnames - C:\Cumulus\weathercloud_realtime.txt
Process? - Ticked.
Realtime - OFF as I am logging 1 min intervals.
I have all the correct info in the weathercloud.ini file.
I have set the link type in weathercloud to Cumulus.
Antivirus/Firewalls have been cleared for the appropriate applications.
Now, weathercloud is receiving data but it is the same old data everytime, the C:\Cumulus\weathercloud_realtime.txt file does not seem to be updating?

Any help would be appreciated, I thought about going to CumulusMX to see if that works better but unsure if it is a simple roll over..?

Many thanks!

Ryan.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Weathercloud set-up

Post by PaulMy »

I presume you have read https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... ud#p121746

Now, weathercloud is receiving data but it is the same old data everytime, the C:\Cumulus\weathercloud_realtime.txt file does not seem to be updating?
Does your C:\Cumulus\weathercloud_realtime_template.txt file contain the proper webtags for Cumulus to process in to data for Weathercloud?

Code: Select all

<#year><#month><#day> <#hour><#minute> <#temp> <#hum> <#dew> <#wspeed> <#wlatest> <#bearing> <#rrate> <#rfall> <#press> <#windunit> <#tempunitnodeg> <#pressunit> <#rainunit> <#intemp> <#inhum> <#wchill> <#wgust> <#heatindex> <#UV> <#ET> <#SolarRad> <#avgbearing> <#forecastnumber> <#THWindex>
and is the C:\Cumulus\weathercloud_realtime.txt populated with current data (my Cumulus processed file on 2018-07-11 at 09:27)

Code: Select all

20180711 0927 21.8 58 13.1 4.3 0.0 0 0.0 0.0 1018.93 km/h C hPa mm 25.3 46 21.8 8.5 21.8 2.0 0.41 520 32 1 21.4
Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

noravalley
Weather Station: VP2 pro
Operating System: Win 7

Post by noravalley »

Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
I read every single thread and comment regarding weathercloud here and on wxforum.
I sent weathercloud support an email and they gave me somewhat different install instructions which worked for me.
Unsure why it wouldn't work using the other install instructions but nevertheless.

Here are the instructions I received just in case someone else ever has the same problems.

Please try following the steps below:

1) Delete your current 'Weathercloud' folder inside the 'Cumulus' folder.

2) Create a new 'Weathercloud' folder inside the 'Cumulus' folder'.

3) Download and unzip the add-on for Cumulus inside the new 'Weathercloud folder'.

4) Do not open any file at this moment.

6) Open Cumulus

7) Go to Configuration > Internet

8) In the Sites tab make sure that Auto Update is checked.

9) In the Files tab, local filename must be C:\Cumulus\Weathercloud\weathercloud_realtime_template.txt

10) Remote filename must be C:\Cumulus\Weathercloud\weathercloud_realtime.txt

11) Check Process, and only check Realtime if your logging interval is bigger than 10 minutes.

12) Go to the Weathercloud folder inside Cumulus, open the weathercloud.ini file and you should enter your WID and Key. The path should be: file=C:\Cumulus\Weathercloud\weathercloud_realtime.txt, as shown here.

13) Restart the add-on

Please keep in mind that you may have to wait up to 10 minutes to see your station online on Weathercloud after having followed the steps above.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Thanks for reporting back. I presume it is now updating, and on the map?

Those instructions should be helpful to others.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm