Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problem downloading win new PC

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Janet
Weather Station: Aercus Z758
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Problem downloading win new PC

Post by Janet »

Hello
I have a Aercus Z758 weather station.
Periodically I connect it to my laptop, launch Cumulus (version 1.9.4 build 1099) and all the data is automatically transferred from the weather station to my laptop.

I have just bought a new laptop, installed the same version of Cumulus, set the configuration settings to the same as on my old PC (I think!) and attached my weather station. It doesn't transfer the stored data.

I went back to the old PC and it worked as I expected - downloading data from the last month or so.

I must have missed one of the settings but can't see any obvious difference.

I would really appreciate help and suggestions

Thanks
Janet

PS My old PC is running Windows 20 home version 1803, last updated 9 June. My new PC is running the same - windows 10 home, version 1803 but installed on 22 July.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Problem downloading win new PC

Post by steve »

If it's a completely new installation, it doesn't download 'old' data from the station, it starts recording from the point at which you first run it (as covered in the FAQ). Or perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are saying?
Steve