Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Snowdept????

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
aadal
Weather Station: WH 1080

Snowdept????

Post by aadal »

Hi Steve thanks for thise.I cant see how to use thise, why not get snow total in <#snowdepth> when do i put it inn, it get all wrong see? it all disaper next day so whay use thise when you can uese from snow index.
I like the total from snow index, why day and when put day on , thise say nothing for me..
Thanks again for great software, i support you more in the future, and an happy new year :D
  • Windows Vista

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Snowdept????

Post by steve »

Doing a web tag for the 'snow index' is tricky with the current code, because it's worked out by extracting the diary entries for all of the dates between July and the following June (for the northern hemisphere) and adding up all of the snow totals for those days. Doing that on every web update is probably not a good idea if the diary is large. I added the daily snow depth web tag that you don't like because someone asked for it, it was easy to do, and it shouldn't take up too much processing on each web update.

Happy New Year to you too :)
Steve
aadal
Weather Station: WH 1080

Post by aadal »

steve wrote:Doing a web tag for the 'snow index' is tricky with the current code, because it's worked out by extracting the diary entries for all of the dates between July and the following June (for the northern hemisphere) and adding up all of the snow totals for those days. Doing that on every web update is probably not a good idea if the diary is large. I added the daily snow depth web tag that you don't like because someone asked for it, it was easy to do, and it shouldn't take up too much processing on each web update.

Happy New Year to you too :)
Hi Steve its OK some new thise year thanks, it all work great with an sql then 4sure thise work, thise must be the goal.
A lot of snow no here where do all come from.... :D
I forget Happy Cumulus new year for you, and all in here..
  • Windows Vista

adam5
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by adam5 »

Personally, I like the snow depth webtag. My folks back home can see for themselves the crazy snow we get up here at times. Thanks Steve.

As far as the snow depth automatically "dropping off" to 0 the next day...just go into the weather diary and populate the snow depth out a few days in advance with todays value. Then you can then simply update the current days value at your leisure.

-Brian
gemini06720
Weather Station: No weather station
Operating System: No operating system

Post by gemini06720 »

adam5 wrote:As far as the snow depth automatically "dropping off" to 0 the next day...just go into the weather diary and populate the snow depth out a few days in advance with todays value. Then you can then simply update the current days value at your leisure...
Brian, if one has any knowledge of PHP one can/could design a small script that could:

- first be programmed to be active between a span of a few months (such as between November and April);
- then memorize and cumulate any snow entries found in the <#snowdepth> tag.

A new tag such as <#snowseason> would be created and written to disk. When there is no snow during a day, the <#snowdepth> tag would display a value of '0' (zero) under the header of 'Snow for the day', whereas the <#snowseason> tag would be read from disk and display the cumulative value that it contains under the header of 'Snow for the season'...