Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Additional data upload

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Additional data upload

Post by gwheelo »

I have been asked to provide weather data to another site and am wondering if there is someway through Cumulus this can be achieved - perhaps the APRS link substituting a different Server and port address. This would be in addition to the ftp uploads to my site: http://www.wheelocknet.net/cumulus/now.htm . The format desired is listed below:

Format:
1.Name \t  2.3.4.day-month-year \t 5.hour:6.minutes \t 7.airtemp \t 8.max air temp \t 9.min air temp \t 10.windspeed \t 11.gusts \t 12.wind direction in degrees (0-360) \t 13.Pressure (in hPa)

Example:
Fuerteventura \t 10.11.2003 \t 19:47 \t 21.4 \t 23.5 \t 19.3 \t 18.4 \t 21.0 \t 45 \t 1021.4

Explanation:
\t  symbolizes a tab but can be written as \t as well
decimal places are separated by dot (.) or comma (,) or can be skipped
the elements of the date can be separated by dots (.) or minus (-)
single values can be missing but have to be indicated with a tab

It is OK (and in fact appreciated) to add some header lines that indicate the order of the data fields and the units used
for the data (wind speed, temperature and pressure)

GW
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Additional data upload

Post by steve »

You could generate something similar to that using the web tags and the additional files upload, but Cumulus is limited to uploading to only one ftp site. Perhaps the other site could read the file from your site?

You could use the APRS facility, but that would require the other site to accept data on the appropriate port, and of course the data would be in APRS format.

Steve
Steve
gwheelo

Post by gwheelo »

Yes - you are right, of course. It is much easier to have the other site read a cumulus processed file off my web site.

That presents a small problem with the date and time as the tags do not parse the elements. I think what I have will do in spite of the limitation. Perhaps they can add their own time and date when they fetch the data as it will always be correct within a three minute window due to my upload frequency.

This might be a suggestion for Cumulus II - to have tags for hour, minute, date, month, year, etc.

GW
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

gwheelo wrote:tags for hour, minute, date, month, year, etc.
I have some bug fixes that I should get around to releasing, I could sneak some extra date/time tags in as well, as it wouldn't be much work. What format for the month - two digit number? Year 4 digits or 2?

Steve
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Actually, I may as well provide a few formats as it's easy enough:

<#day> = 07
<#dayname> = Thursday
<#shortdayname> = Thu
<#month> = 08
<#monthname> = August
<#shortmonthname> = Aug
<#year> = 2008
<#shortyear> = 08

<#hour> = 23
<#minute> = 59

OK?

Steve

Note to self: really must commit to not doing any more enhancements to this version of Cumulus!
Steve
gwheelo

Post by gwheelo »

Brilliant!

Note to everyone else - don't ask for any more enhancements. Steve is just a pushover.

GW