Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Windows 98 SE

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Nocky
Weather Station: WS-3081
Operating System: XP SP 3

Windows 98 SE

Post by Nocky »

I am setting up a PC just for my weather station, I have an older pc with plenty of RAM and good processor, it currently has windows 98 SE installed, does Cumulus work ok with windows 98, this PC will have nothing else connected to it other than my weather station
Cheers
Paul
Western Australia

TgT
Weather Station: Davis VP2 + Solar
Operating System: A20 TV box + CumulusMX

Re: Windows 98 SE

Post by TgT »

Why dont you try putting win2k on then? Should work the same ;)
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

No, Cumulus doesn't seem to work with Windows 98 now. It used to, but I've obviously done something that stops it working. Something to do with threading, perhaps. Microsoft stopped supporting it two years ago, and it now accounts for about half a per cent market share, so I can't promise to do anything soon about fixing it ;)

Steve
Steve
Nocky
Weather Station: WS-3081
Operating System: XP SP 3

Post by Nocky »

no worries steve, pc has 98 installed allready but will update
Cheers
Paul
Western Australia

dc1500
Weather Station: Watson W-8681 (Fine Offset type)
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by dc1500 »

Hi, this is my first post so firstly I would like to congratulate Steve on the excellent Cumulus software, which I am just familiarising myself with.
I suppose a point with earlier versions of WIndows and Linux for that matter is that they can be re-installed on other machines. This is of great benefit to the "hobbyist "types. For example, I have XP on my main family machine but tend to do weather and other stuff on spare PC's which can become expensive if the latest versions of Windows, which need to be activated, are used.

Dave