Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

instruments for templates

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
gwheelo
Weather Station: WMR-88
Operating System: Windows 8.1

instruments for templates

Post by gwheelo »

Steve -
Do you have any plans for instruments for your templates or do you know if your data descriptors work with any current java instruments available for other applications as FreeWX.

GW
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: instruments for templates

Post by steve »

George,

I'm not really sure what these are? Fixed 'pictures' of the current conditions, or 'animations' that move and display the data in near real time? Could you point me at an example?

Steve
Steve
gwheelo

Post by gwheelo »

For example: http://www.dandmbr.co.uk/jsgraphit/fwxcdemo.htm although I prefer the instruments on your console. The above javascript applets take the tags from FreeWX weather console and apply then to templates similar to your xxxxT.htm before upload to a website.

GW
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I do plan to make the three wind gauges on the main screen 'uploadable' to the web, at some point.

Regarding the javascript ones you've mentioned, it would just be a case of replacing the FreeWX tags with the Cumulus equivalents. Except that FreeWX has many more tags than Cumulus. I've had a play with their template and changed most of the ones that Cumulus currently has, and the result is here: http://www.sanday.org.uk/weather/instr.html

So, you could use the ones which use tags which Cumulus supports, but even in the ones that work, most of the 'mouseovers' have things in them which Cumulus doesn't supply. I could add them, of course.

Steve
Steve
gwheelo

Post by gwheelo »

Great - I still prefer your gauges, however. Perhaps you might share the modified templates as their result suits me perfectly. My site is wheelocknet.net/cam. It was running FreeWX until I stumbled on Cumulus.

GW
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Basically, what I did was amend the section at the end of the sample template supplied with the instrument package (and as described in the "code.txt" file), to look like this:

Code: Select all

<script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">
 var tempunits = "<#tempunit>"
 var tempos = new Array("<#temp>","<#tempTL>","<#tempTH>","~~WEBOTTRD10~~")
 var tempis = new Array("<#intemp>","~~WEBTINTMIN~~","~~WEBTINTMAX~~","~~WEBITTRD10~~")
 var tempex1 = new Array("~~WEBCH1TEMP~~","","","")
 var tempex2 = new Array("~~WEBCH2TEMP~~","","","")
 var tempdp = new Array("<#dew>","~~WEBTDWPMIN~~","~~WEBTDWPMAX~~","~~WEBDPTRD10~~")
 var temphi = new Array("~~WEBHEATIDX~~","","","")
 var tempwc = new Array("<#wchill>","~~WEBTCHLMIN~~","","")
 var humos = new Array("<#hum>","~~WEBTHUMMIN~~","~~WEBTHUMMAX~~","~~WEBOHTRD10~~")
 var humis = new Array("<#inhum>","","","~~WEBIHTRD10~~")
 var humex1 = new Array("~~WEBCH1HUMI~~","","","")
 var humex2 = new Array("~~WEBCH2HUMI~~","","","")
 var cloudbase = "~~WEBHTCUCLD~~";
 var raintoday = new Array("<#rfall>","<#windunit>","<#rrate>","<#rrateTM>");
 var winddata = new Array("<#wspeed> <#windunit>","~~WBNWINDGSD~~","<#wspeed>","<#bearing>","~~WEBTGSTMAX~~");
 var hwdir = new Array("");
 var hwspd = new Array("");
 var wsu = "<#windunit>";
 var bardata = new Array("<#press>","<#pressunit>","<#presstrend>","<#pressTH>","<#pressTL>");
 var TempColor = "";
 var HumColor = "";
 var RainColor = "";
 var WindAvgColor = "";
 var WindGustColor = "";
 var WindHistColor = "";
 var CloudTextColor = "";
 var AnalogBaroTextColor = "";
 var AnalogBaroNeedleColor = "";
 var ExtraSensor1Name = "Garage";
 var ExtraSensor2Name = "";
</script>
<script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript" src="dbimages/boxover.js"></script>
<script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript" src="dbimages/dashboard.js"></script>
I guess to be tidy, I should have replaced all the other FreeWX ones that Cumulus doesn't have, with "".

Steve
Steve
Paul C
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with solar
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Paul C »

steve wrote:I do plan to make the three wind gauges on the main screen 'uploadable' to the web, at some point.

Regarding the javascript ones you've mentioned, it would just be a case of replacing the FreeWX tags with the Cumulus equivalents. Except that FreeWX has many more tags than Cumulus. I've had a play with their template and changed most of the ones that Cumulus currently has, and the result is here: http://www.sanday.org.uk/weather/instr.html

So, you could use the ones which use tags which Cumulus supports, but even in the ones that work, most of the 'mouseovers' have things in them which Cumulus doesn't supply. I could add them, of course.

Steve
Hi - is that new "instr.html" available on the new version of cumulus or is this just something you have been trying, I certainly like the look of it
Paul C
Brampton, Cumbria, UK
117m ASL
http://www.bramptonweather.co.uk
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Hi Paul,

It's just the one that comes with the instrument package, modified to work with Cumulus tags instead of FreeWx ones. Basically all you need to do is download the package and follow the instructions for installing it, but edit the supplied example so that the last section looks like the code I posted above. Then get Cumulus to upload it by adding it to the files section in the internet settings (making sure to tick the 'process' box). It's easier than it sounds :)

I'm going to try to put a few more of the tags into the next version of Cumulus so that more of the instruments work properly.

Steve
Steve
Paul C
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with solar
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Paul C »

steve wrote:Hi Paul,

It's just the one that comes with the instrument package, modified to work with Cumulus tags instead of FreeWx ones. Basically all you need to do is download the package and follow the instructions for installing it, but edit the supplied example so that the last section looks like the code I posted above. Then get Cumulus to upload it by adding it to the files section in the internet settings (making sure to tick the 'process' box). It's easier than it sounds :)

I'm going to try to put a few more of the tags into the next version of Cumulus so that more of the instruments work properly.

Steve
Nothing is "easier" than it sounds when it comes to computing and me, I thought you would have know that by now
:o :o
Paul C
Brampton, Cumbria, UK
117m ASL
http://www.bramptonweather.co.uk
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

But you've got it working with only a tiny bit of extra help! :)
Steve
gwheelo

Post by gwheelo »

I understand that the "windrose" is reporting relative wind strenght and direction over the past hour. Is it possible for you to provide a tag to report the MAX wind for that period similar to <#avgbearing>?

Will your next version wind speed indicator sport the green and red arc as displays on the console? They provide valuable data.

GW
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

gwheelo wrote:I understand that the "windrose" is reporting relative wind strenght and direction over the past hour. Is it possible for you to provide a tag to report the MAX wind for that period similar to <#avgbearing>?
Max 10-minute average over the last hour, or max gust over the last hour? Actually, it doesn't matter which, I can do tags for both. I'll put them in 1.7.12.
Will your next version wind speed indicator sport the green and red arc as displays on the console? They provide valuable data.
You mean in Cumulus 2? I think the wind speed indicator will be very similar to the current one, yes.

Steve
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Sorry, the new tags didn't make it into this release.

Steve
Steve
gwheelo

Post by gwheelo »

Can't have everything!