Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus My evaluation

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
N4DMS

Cumulus My evaluation

Post by N4DMS »

I have been trying various weather softwares to find one that I really like and works for my needs. The one I currently have been using continually drops me off of the CWOP servers so that is the reason for my search. Cumulus was one of the ones that I ran across and have been evaluating.

I really like the looks of the main page and the setup pages are some of the best I have encountered. The one thing that appears to be lacking is the ability to tweak sensor readings for high or low readings. If you could just incorporate that into the program I think it would be top notch.

The one tweak that I have not found in any program is to be able to tweak both humidity and dew point. All of the ones I have found only allow you to tweak humidity and not dew point.

My two cents N4DMS
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus My evaluation

Post by steve »

What do you mean exactly by 'tweak'? Edit them out, or set thresholds for invalid readings, or...? What type of weather station do you have?

Steve
Steve
N4DMS

Post by N4DMS »

I have an Oregon Scientific WMR968. By tweak I mean to take any reading and add or subtract an amount to that sensor. Done in order to correct for possible bad locations or sensors. Something similar to this but does not need to be so fancy or even need an interface page. FreeWX does it in the ini file just by inserting plus or minus to the particular line item like this:

temp=0, to bump it it up two degrees it would be temp=2 ect.

Heavy weather Unloader looks like this"
arthurhh
Weather Station: Davis VP pro 2
Operating System: Win7

Post by arthurhh »

Echo this, in my case I would like to offset my wind readings to account for a slight off north position
http://tokoroa.dyndns.org/ Main Site

IT Fixer
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Yes, this is certainly do-able, someone has asked for this on the issue tracker.

Steve
Steve