Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

matturre matture

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
MarkB
Weather Station: Elecsa 6975 (Fine Offset)

Re: matturre matture

Post by MarkB »

Steve, I assume you will be deleting this post and banning the user account. Mark
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: spam

Post by steve »

Yes, just as I'm doing every day with all the others that most people don't get to see. It's starting to get a bit out of hand, I'm deleting numerous spammer accounts a day; I manage to get to most of them before they post. It's just one of a number of things at the moment that make me wonder whether it's worth carrying on with all this :(

Steve
6719jason
Weather Station: La-Crosse WS3502
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by 6719jason »

Dear Steve,

Please dont let these terrible and pointless spammers get you down, they just dont appreciate what good work you have done for me and the rest of the members of the Sandaysoft Forum.
Cumulus is one of the most used weather stations software around and it wouldnt exsist without your hard work and effort.
I and many others, really appreciate the time you put into this software.

Thanks
w5afw
Weather Station: ws-2315

Post by w5afw »

how about setting the forurm up to use volunteer moderators who will preview each post before it goes live? also, I was thinking we should have a Donations header and permanent thread for discussion about supporting Cumulus and Steve via Paypal, via software and equipment donations, via coding assistance, and via time donations (as in being day to day moderators). I think we need to pitch in to keep Cumulus alive and dynamic, and to keep Steve interested, enthusiastic and even happy! lex
W5AFW, Lex

steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

As far as the spammers go, I was thinking about setting the forum joining so that I have to approve each one. The form would require you to say a bit about yourself and what type of weather station you have. Any applications that didn't would just get ignored. It's actually not too onerous a task retrospectively deleting them (at the moment), but perhaps it would be easier doing it this way. You can get an anti-spam addon for PHPBB as well, so I may look into that.

Steve
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Anything I can do? Happy to volunteer. Just let me know.
Is it worthwhile disabling 'guest', I wonder? or does this just make it more interesting to the spammer...
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

As I understand it, they are all bots anyway. Apparently the CAPTCHA in PHPBB 3.0.4 has been cracked, and this has led to a dramatic increase in spam. Version 3.0.5 is supposedly going to fix this.

Steve
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

That would certainly explain the sudden appearence of spam on the forum. I spotted the one that arrived late on Sunday and would have been delighted to delete it for you if I'd had the privilege. I would also be happy to moderate new posts if this could take some of the administrative load off you.
Mark
w5afw
Weather Station: ws-2315

Post by w5afw »

ditto Mark; whatever will help. lex
W5AFW, Lex