Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

WMR88A Question

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
phipps
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR88A
Operating System: Windows XP

WMR88A Question

Postby phipps » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:32 am

I am new to PWS and have an OS WMR88A.

I downloaded Cumulus today and am in the process of getting it set up.

I have a question about the datalogger interval. My understanding is the WMR88A does not have a datalogger. What should I set the Cumulus datalogger setting at? Does this setting control how often Cumulus reads data from my station?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get familiar with this software and my weather station.

Thanks,

Gary

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WMR88A Question

Postby steve » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:02 am

You can set the Cumulus interval to whatever value you want. A lower interval gives you more detail to look at later, but causes larger files. I suspect that most people use 5 or 10 minutes - I use 5 minutes myself.

This doesn't affect how often the data gets read, Cumulus has no control over that anyway - the station just sends data for each sensor as it arrives.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

Return to “Oregon Scientific”