Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR200 - Windows 8.1Pro

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WMR200 - Windows 8.1Pro

Post by steve »

empezza wrote:Having no luck with Cumulus, and taking over a week to get a reply on this forum, I am currently trialing another program
I have been on holiday - see the announcements. Please accept my apologies for having the cheek to take a holiday just when you needed an instant reply.
So your comment "It's possibly having difficulty reading data from the console" isn't much help.
I made a suggestion. If that didn't help, then we could have tried to progress your issue in some other way. But I'm very pleased to hear that you are happily using some other software now.
Steve
empezza
Weather Station: Oregon WMR200, CumulusMX v3 3036
Operating System: Windows 10 32-bit PC On A Stick

Post by empezza »

CUMULUS would be my preferred program if I can get it to work for my setup.
Is there only one person that provides support for Cumulus for users?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I do much of the support myself, and normally reply within a few hours if not minutes, assuming I am awake. Other users do help out where they can. Your first post(s) required approval before anyone else could see them, and no-one was available to do that while I was away. Cumulus is not commercial software like VWS, I offer it and support it for free in the hope of getting donations, and a small percentage of users do actually donate.

I believe the support I give is in most cases at least as good as the support given by commercial alternatives, but there are limits to what I can do. There are so many different computer systems out there, and the cheaper weather stations tend to be unreliable at best (see many complaints about Oregon Scientific weather stations, for example, here and on other sites), so I can't guarantee that Cumulus will work for everyone. I have a WMR200 system myself for testing purposes, and I don't have the problem with it and Cumulus that you are having.

Note that I am no longer developing Cumulus 1 but I am fixing bugs where I can. Cumulus MX is the replacement, currently in beta test but available for anyone to use.
Steve