Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR-968 indoor sensor LCD fault.

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
Lonski
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 with WLL
Operating System: Windows 11

WMR-968 indoor sensor LCD fault.

Post by Lonski »

Noticed my indoor sensor display going a little bit faint like lack of contrast. So I tried the usual replace batteries, still not change.

I decided to look a bit deeper...

After opening up the unit, couldn’t see anything obvious, I attempted to remove the main board from the unit by removing 6 small screws. Except the last one that was hidden by the Baro sensor board. I looked a bit closer, and the only way to remove the screw was to remove the Baro sensor board that was soldered to the main board at 3 solder points.

I fired up the soldering iron and grabbed my solder remover, which was doing the job well in removing the solder and the board.... to well. Iron was to hot and lifted some of the tracks for the connections :groan:

Anyway, id attack that repair later.

So, after removing the main board and cleaned up the dirt/corrosion from the main board to the rubberised LCD connector, time to attack the Baro sensor reinstall.

I tried to solder back the board with what was left of the tracks... Not really a working fix. So, it was time to be searching for some wire thin enough to jumper the connections back to some solid copper tracks on both the Baro board and the main board.

Yay! all working again.

Don't know what I would have done if I couldn’t get it going again... New station hardware probably. I’m surprised I’ve been able to keep this hardware going for 10 years or so, but for how much longer.....