Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus stopped auto posting to my web site

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
Penbwlch
Weather Station: Oregon WMR 200
Operating System: Windows 10

Cumulus stopped auto posting to my web site

Post by Penbwlch »

Hi,

I am running Cumulus v1.9.4, build 1098 on Windows 10 connected to an Oregon Scientific WMR88.

All was running smoothly until about 10-40pm yesterday when Windows 10 asked for a reboot for updates to be installed. Unfortunately I forgot to close Cumulus first and Windows closed it for me. This morning I found that there had been no updates to my website since the time of the reboot. I tried a manual update and that worked. However, Cumulus still refused to perform an auto update. I also noticed that Cumulus was not seeing the wind or temp sensors.

I tried closing and opening Cumulus, nothing changed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Cumulus but, again, there was no change. How do I get it working again, please?
Penbwlch

Re: Cumulus stopped auto posting to my web site

Post by Penbwlch »

Hi,

I have managed to correct this problem. I reset the weather station.

I had not tried this earlier as the problem seemed focussed on the computer reboot and did not seem related to the station. I tried the reset as I had run out of other things to try. Hopefully this problem and its solution will help others.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Cumulus waits until it had readings from your station which confirm that it is working correctly before doing web updates. See the FAQ - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Cumulu ... eb_uploads
Steve
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

steve wrote:Cumulus waits until it had readings from your station which confirm that it is working correctly before doing web updates. See the FAQ - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Cumulu ... eb_uploads
Thank you very much for the explanation. It is helpful to see the reason for any problem and the cure. I now understand Cumulus a little better.
jachipman
Weather Station: WMR200a
Operating System: Win7 Enterprise

Post by jachipman »

Thanks here too.

Mine stopped sending data after a restart of the computer. I did it because I noticed the temp not changing. Seems the sensor has went off line and I need to visit the weather station today and reset the console. I'll report if that helps. All other sensors are reporting, but the explanation as to "why" data is not being sent makes sense.