Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR89

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Re: WMR89

Post by laulau »

Penbwlch wrote:I have answered this problem by returning the WMR89 and buying, instead, the WMR200.
Now it's time to update the weather station in your profile! ;)
Laurent

Penbwlch
Weather Station: Oregon WMR 200
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Penbwlch »

That is great, thank you, Steve. I was changing ther wrong file. All now successfully changed and I am much happier. :D

One more question for you, please. During the couple of weeks that I was not able to use Cumulus I kept a record of my rainfall. I have updated the dayfile and the correct figures appear in the various data areas within Cumulus. However, in the main Cumulus window under Rainfall, this month and This year do not show the added rainfall amount. How do I change just this displayed figure, please?

laulau, Thanks for pointing that out. My profile has now been updated.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

If you change the rainfall figures in dayfile.txt, you need to restart Cumulus to get it to take those changes into account for the monthly and annual totals, as mentioned in the FAQ - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Where_ ... ls_from.3F
Steve
Penbwlch
Weather Station: Oregon WMR 200
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Penbwlch »

steve wrote:If you change the rainfall figures in dayfile.txt, you need to restart Cumulus to get it to take those changes into account for the monthly and annual totals, as mentioned in the FAQ - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Where_ ... ls_from.3F
Thank you very much for the swift reply. Cumulus restarted and all is now well. Sorry about missing that in the FAQs, that is one problem with making changes to a program I have been using for a couple of years; when I start I read everything from start to finish, when I make changes I just dip in and out of the FAQs.

Anyway, I think I have now got everything sorted. Thank you very much for such an excellent service. Not only is Cumulus the best looking weather program on the market, with all the features needed (when the WMR89 refused to work with Cumulus I did look again at all the other weather programs and none came close to Cumulus) but the service you provide is the best I have ever come across for any computer program and I have used a lot of programs over many years. Well done. :clap: