Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Culumlus freaking out

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
toddszr600
Weather Station: OR968

Culumlus freaking out

Post by toddszr600 »

So my station went off WU the other day and when I finally got around to looking at it I refired Culmulus and its all over the map, temp. jumping up and down, wind speed and direction flying all over the place, basically all readings just all over the place and the "downloading data" window over top of al this with its time going at light speed.

Ive been using Cumulus for many years without issue, the station is a WMR200 but I did not put this in OR specific as I found another weather software(weathertracker) and everything works fine, upload to WU etc, all running on a fairly new win10 desktop.

after many failed tries I uninstalled Cumulus, then reinstalled the latest(1099) and got the same result.

Ideas? opinions?

Cheers, Todd
toddszr600
Weather Station: OR968

Re: Culumlus freaking out

Post by toddszr600 »

ooops, I guess I diid put it n OR specific, I,ll copy it to general.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Culumlus freaking out

Post by steve »

If you zip up the diags folder and attach it to a reply, I'll take a look.

Whatever the issue is, it most likely is specific to the station type, as it's about reading data, so this is the correct place for the thread. It also helps in diagnosis if you can be specific about the symptoms, phrases like "freaking out", "all over the map" and "light speed" aren't particularly helpful. Just the facts, please, without the hyperbole!
Steve