Sandaysoft

Support forum for Cumulus weather station software
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:30 pm
Please click here before posting. Help me to help you!
Useful Links: Cumulus FAQ • Enhancement requests • Wiki (documentation) • Downloads
Please put your approximate location into your profile • Add your personal web site to the Cumulus user map
Read the Announcements and News section regularly!
If you find Cumulus useful, please consider a donation -

All times are UTC

Post subject: Connectivity
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:42 am 

Weather Station: Ooregon Scientific WMR-918
Operating System: WIN 7
I just installed Cumulus v.1.9.1 but it does not seem to be communicating with the WMR918 console. This is a new, first time install for me. I am running WIN 7, have a serial to USB converter that is set to COM4, 9600,8,N,1.

Cumulus station is not indicating any values. I have it set to WM-918 and have also tried WMR928 and Fine Offset. Com is set to 4 & VP to Serial.

If I set the station to WMR928 it displays four flashing green bars that appear to indicate battery levels for rain, wind, temp & indoor battery but nothing else.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Jim H

Post subject: Re: Connectivity
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:57 am 
Site Admin

Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Windows Home Server 2011
I suspect the problem is because of your serial/USB converter, they never seem to do a very good job of fully emulating a serial port. Your settings look OK (the VP setting doesn't matter, that's for Vantage Pro stations).

If you're sure the COM port number is correct, turn on the debug log and run for a few minutes, and the debug.log file will show whether Cumulus is receiving any data at all from the station. I do seem to remember someone else having problems with a serial/USB converter, but I can't remember whether they resolved them or had to use a serial port card instead.

Like Cumulus and want to support it? Please donate! Image