Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Connectivity

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
mcycjim
Weather Station: Ooregon Scientific WMR-918
Operating System: WIN 7

Connectivity

Post by mcycjim »

I just installed Cumulus v.1.9.1 but it does not seem to be communicating with the WMR918 console. This is a new, first time install for me. I am running WIN 7, have a serial to USB converter that is set to COM4, 9600,8,N,1.

Cumulus station is not indicating any values. I have it set to WM-918 and have also tried WMR928 and Fine Offset. Com is set to 4 & VP to Serial.

If I set the station to WMR928 it displays four flashing green bars that appear to indicate battery levels for rain, wind, temp & indoor battery but nothing else.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Jim H
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Connectivity

Post by steve »

I suspect the problem is because of your serial/USB converter, they never seem to do a very good job of fully emulating a serial port. Your settings look OK (the VP setting doesn't matter, that's for Vantage Pro stations).

If you're sure the COM port number is correct, turn on the debug log and run for a few minutes, and the debug.log file will show whether Cumulus is receiving any data at all from the station. I do seem to remember someone else having problems with a serial/USB converter, but I can't remember whether they resolved them or had to use a serial port card instead.
Steve