Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR200 logger operation

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WMR200 logger operation

Post by steve »

A quick update on where I'm up to. I have all of the live data being read successfully, and I can extract all of the logger data. I'm currently in the middle of writing the code to actually process the logger data. This is for the WMR200; I haven't started on the WMR100 code yet.
Steve
gandalf
Weather Station: Davis Vantage pro 2
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by gandalf »

Hello,

Steve when will you have program for my station Oregon WMR200 :oops:

Thank :clap:
matper
Weather Station: Davis Vantage pro 2, WMR 200
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8.1

Post by matper »

steve wrote:A quick update on where I'm up to. I have all of the live data being read successfully, and I can extract all of the logger data. I'm currently in the middle of writing the code to actually process the logger data. This is for the WMR200; I haven't started on the WMR100 code yet.
Great work!
Congratulations!

The gap in the live data while downloading the logger data should not be an issue for anybody, as I am sure that everyone has the station connected to a computer 24/7.
:D
Old Tele man
Weather Station: WMR200A
Operating System: XP SP3

Post by Old Tele man »

Well, I must be the "...odd man out..." because I do not (want to have) my PC on 24/7 all the time, especially during our monsoon season and thunderstorms (tree in front yard was struck; telephone and modem "zapped'). And, I only want a 5-minute data sample interval, that's fast enough for my needs. I actually do not use my WMR200A as a complete "weather station" but instead just for collection of temperature and humidity data, so that I can monitor and analyze the efficiency of our evaporative cooler during summer operation. I need temp and RH% numbers to calculate the wetbulb temperature (using other software) so that cooler "saturation efficiency" (Es) can be calculated:

Es = 100*( DBD / WBD ) = 100*(T1 - T2)/(T1 - T3)

where:
Es = Saturation efficiency, 0-100%
DBD = Dry Bulb Depression (T1 - T2), ºF
WBD = Wet Bulb Depression (T1 - T3), ºF
T1 = Ambient, outside air temperature, ºF
T2 = Cooler discharge air temperature, ºF
T3 = Wet Bulb temperature (max. theoretical cooling), ºF

I call it my "quasi-weather" station.