Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Location of Graph channel allocation

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
peter
Weather Station: OS wmr928
Operating System: XP Sp3

Location of Graph channel allocation

Post by peter »

I would like to customise the standard graphs that come with Ver 1.90 to enable me to use the extra channels that are available with the WMR928.

I cannot find any where within the supplied documentation or files where the channel allocation is set for the standard graphs so that I may change them to suit my requirements or if it is possible to do this.

Peter
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Location of Graph channel allocation

Post by steve »

You can set one of the extra channels to be your 'main' sensor i.e. to replace the readings from the main sensor; the data from that channel will then appear in the logs, graphs etc, as if it were the main sensor. The main purpose of this is when your main sensor is broken. Other than that, the only thing that Cumulus does with extra sensor data is to display it in the 'extra' panel.
Steve
peter

Post by peter »

That is a big disappointment. I was hoping to replace the ancient dos based software that I wrote many years ago that is customised to my requirements by something more uptodate. Your system seemed to easily configurable apart from the graphs and the extra channels.

Will version 2 accomodate the above?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

peter wrote:Will version 2 accomodate the above?
It may well have done. But I have no plans to further develop Cumulus 2. If I continue to develop Cumulus 1, I may increase the support for the extra sensors in that at some point.
Steve
peter

Post by peter »

Thank you Steve for your reply.

I will keep an eye out for any up grades and meanwhile see if I can think of a way round the problem as Cumulus is 95% there for what I want to do. I certainly don't want to re write my old DOS program after the trouble I had with it in the first place.