Sandaysoft

Support forum for Cumulus weather station software
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:49 pm
Please click here before posting. Help me to help you!
Useful Links: Cumulus FAQ • Enhancement requests • Wiki (documentation) • Downloads
Please put your approximate location into your profile • Add your personal web site to the Cumulus user map
Read the Announcements and News section regularly!
Do not allow your PC to go into standby mode while Cumulus is running - read the readme.txt!
If you find Cumulus useful, please make a donation -

All times are UTC

Post subject: STC800 solar cell
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:58 pm 

Weather Station: WMR200
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
For for those who are not already aware, the STC800 solar cell comes with it's own internal 3 cell 3.6v battery pack? However, by default it is NOT CONNECTED?

Connecting it is real simple and takes a couple minutes :-)

Just simply remove the 6 screws on the back of the STC800 (the inner ones which hold the arm/bracket to the panel itself), to reveal the battery pack. You will see the connector plug on the end of a small fly lead from the battery. You will also see the socket right next to the battery which it plugs into (and it only goes in one way - so no chance of reverse polarity).

Once done, the STC800 will actually keep it's own internal pack topped up, which is what is then actually powering your station accessory (be it day or night).

Oregon Scientific don't seam to send any information out when you buy an STC800 to tell you to do this. And complete station manuals (which come with the panel) also seam to lack this information too. They just tell you to plug the cell into your accessory, and not to plug the internal battery in to the panel first?

So I thought I would mention it here, because I suspect there will quite a few owners who are completely unaware that the STC800 contains it's own (unconnected) battery pack?