Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WMR88 Display of an Extra Sensor

Discussion specific to Oregon Scientific weather stations
andylawson
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR88
Operating System: Wndows XP SP3

WMR88 Display of an Extra Sensor

Post by andylawson »

I have just bought the WMR88 and it runs fine with Cumulus v1.9.2 Feb 10 2012 release. I now want to add an extra Temp/Humidity sensor (THGR810) to monitor and record the conditions in my greenhouse.

I have told Cumulus Configuration that the station is a WMR100 (as suggested elsewhere) and can't see where the extra sensor might appear on the display.

Would it be necessary to tell Cumulus Configuration that the station is a WMR928 for the extra sensors to appear on the display and to have them recorded, if so would that have any adverse effects?

Appreciate any clues before I shell out the £30 on an extra sensor.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WMR88 Display of an Extra Sensor

Post by steve »

Tick 'display extra/solar data' in the display settings. The help for that setting is out of date, it also applies to WMR88/100/200 stations.

Note that currently Cumulus only displays extra sensor data, it doesn't log it.
Steve
andylawson
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR88
Operating System: Wndows XP SP3

Post by andylawson »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the prompt reply, I'll get onto Amazon and have a go at using channel 1 for the greenhouse while I'm getting a feel for the "climate" in there.

Thanks for a very useful programme,

Andy
Fkinell
Weather Station: WMR88
Operating System: WIN7, Linux, Windows server 2013

Post by Fkinell »

Hi, Just bought a New WMR88, my N96GY got destroyed in last weeks freak storm, its still working - but inaccurate. Its not up yet - but soon :D

I bought an extra Temp sensor for the WMR88, which I will locate in the house. The receiver unit is in the garage, plugged into a 24/7 server.

How difficult would it be to change my website http://weather.fkinell.com/ to use the additional indoor sensor for Inside Temperature readings logged by Cumulus? It show up as Extra Sensor 2.

I am convinced that people must believe that I am extremely frugal with the heating during winter :lol:

As I have not swapped over as yet, and if I up the standard web templates, do the UV and extra sensors show on the Web Page?

Sorry if the questions have been asked before.
Last edited by Fkinell on Fri 31 Jan 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

You can configure an additional sensor as the main outdoor sensor, but not the indoor one.

UV and extra sensors aren't on the supplied web pages, you would need to modify them or create your own pages.
Steve
Fkinell
Weather Station: WMR88
Operating System: WIN7, Linux, Windows server 2013

Post by Fkinell »

Thanks Steve, think my website offering is going to start to look a little messy - I will try to maintain your high standards :oops:
Love Cumulus by the way :clap: