Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis Vantague Vue/Pro 2 console reading variations

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Aledger1
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Davis Vantague Vue/Pro 2 console reading variations

Post by Aledger1 »

Hi

I have just bought a Vantage Pro 2 console to compliment my existing Vantage Vue console and setup. I also have two data loggers which means I can set one up permanently for Cumulous and one for Weatherlink software. It means I also have two displays for different parts of the house. Both operate from the same vantage vue ISS and a separate Pro 2 wind sensor.

Both set to factory settings however there is occasionally slight variations in the readings. Not massively but temperature could be different by 1-2 degrees. Wind speeds can vary slightly. Why would this be if they are working off the same ISS? I wonder if it was anything to do with the way they are calibrated at factor and whether one is more accurate than the other?

If I use the Vantage Vue console as a repeater then the readings are exactly the same on both consoles which is not unsurprising but I would like to know which is the more accurate out of the two then I can use that as the repeater.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew