Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

uploading extra sensor data to Wunderground?

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Kipuka
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Win 10

uploading extra sensor data to Wunderground?

Post by Kipuka »

I have a soil and leaf sensor array as well as the iss for my vantage pro 2 and i see that wunderground can receive this data and publish it. i can see my extra sensors in Cumulus but cannot see that data in wunderground. Cumulus is successfully sending the data from the console related to the iss but not the leaf and soil array. the placeholders for the leaf and soil data are present on my wunderground pws page, but there is no data displayed. fyi. for some reason davis refuses to pass that data from weatherlink to wunderground for some reason... not sure why. is there something i need to do in cumulus to get that data forwarded in the stream to wunderground?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: uploading extra sensor data to Wunderground?

Post by steve »

The options for these are somewhat hidden, in Cumulus 1.9.4. To get Cumulus 1.9.4 to send these, they have to be enabled by editing Cumulus.ini. The announcement for the build where I added this option describes what needs to be done - https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 777#p95209
Steve
Kipuka
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Win 10

Re: uploading extra sensor data to Wunderground?

Post by Kipuka »

Thanks Steve, I did find that late last night and got it running. I cannot tell you how long i have tried to get Davis to turn this on from weatherlink.com. Now I can point my irrigation controllers at those variables to create triggers -- awesome! Now I need to see if it is possible to point OpenSprinkler directly to Cumulus running locally here rather than fetching the data from the web. Pretty remote out here and broadband is via satellite and metered so i need to watch every bit and byte going in and out of here. My next goal is to try to get mx running on a new RPi that i can leave on all the time here. Heads up as dumb questions from me are right around the corner.

Mark