Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus error light blinking

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
Kipuka
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Win 10

Cumulus error light blinking

Post by Kipuka »

I've got latest Cumulus 1 running and it is successfully communicating with my VP2+ and uploading this up to WUI once per minute. Rapid fire is currently turned off. I turn off the application each night before turning in and restart int he morning. It successfully catches up WU. But after two oir more hours, the error light blinks. But it is still downloading data from the weather station and displaying this and pushing up to WU successfully. How do we diagnose the issue?
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Re: Cumulus error light blinking

Post by Super-T »

Click on the flashing light
Kipuka

Post by Kipuka »

Thanks!

Data input appears to have stopped -- check you station and connections.

Did the connection time out from time to time? The graphs on Cumulus and WU seem to be complete -- no missing data or gaps. Do you think maybe iut timed out and then caught itself up when reestablished contact?
Kipuka

Post by Kipuka »

Actually, it does lok as though there there are data gaps in the graphs on cumulus and wu that correspond to the errors. Perhaps it is a network fail due to lack of bandwidth or loss of network function?
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Are you allowing your computer to sleep or hibernate, because if you are this will cause Cumulus to stop getting readings from the logger, hence the gaps.
David
Kipuka

Post by Kipuka »

I leave it turned on in its docking station all day and it remains on the whole time. i then turn off cumulus and the computer when i sleep. i do wonder about the network. i live in a very remote place and my internet comes over a satellite with lots of latency. and sometimes the weather knocks out the internet connection due to cloud cover...
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

It's the communication with the station that's the issue here, nothing to do with your internet connection - assuming you aren't connecting Cumulus to the station over the Internet. The message is logged when Cumulus thinks no ne data has been received from the station for over a minute.

The diags logs may have more info.
Steve