Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis 6162

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
JTS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue, Ecowitt WS90
Operating System: Windows 10

Davis 6162

Post by JTS »

I am thinking of upgrading my station. Could anyone tell me the difference between the UK and EU versions of this station, I can find anything that explains it on the Davis site. Thanks
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Davis 6162

Post by RayProudfoot »

The important thing is the frequency. Unless you buy the one for the UK market you will be using a frequency range illegal in this country.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

RayProudfoot wrote:The important thing is the frequency. Unless you buy the one for the UK market you will be using a frequency range illegal in this country.
The EU and UK stations are identical and use the same frequency - 868 MHz. I use the Euro version of the VP2 myself. The US version is the one that would use the illegal frequency in this country. :)
JTS

Post by JTS »

Thanks the reply Ray.

I did think tha may be the case but looking through the data on the Davis website it states that the send receive frequency is 868.0-868.6MHzFHSS. This appears to be the same as the frequency that they state for the UK model of the Vantage Vue that I am currently using.

There must be a difference or there would be no point in differentiating them.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

As far as I know the only difference with the EU version is the power supply supplied with it.
prodata
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: Windows - all flavours

Post by prodata »

mcrossley wrote:As far as I know the only difference with the EU version is the power supply supplied with it.
Yep, that's it, other than multi-language manuals with EU. Davis still don't use multi-region AC adapters and so the EU ones have the 2-pin type.

One word of caution: There are one or two EU-based dealers offering EU models at attractively low prices, but which, though new, often turn out to be older versions and that aren't necessarily sourced through the official supply chain direct from Davis. Don't forget also that EU versions won't be eligible for official Davis warranty support in the UK.
John Dann
Prodata Weather Systems
Littleport, East Cambs, UK
http://www.weatherstations.co.uk
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

Thanks for the clarification on the EU model Mapantz. Bear in mind that the EU one may stop working once Brexit is initiated! :D
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Grimers
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 64-bit

Post by Grimers »

I purchased a UK model as you receive higher quality support if you purchase a UK model.
JTS

Post by JTS »

Thanks to all for your input. It was too good to be true. Amazon have said it is a pricing error and the supplier have said their site was hacked and they cannot supply the item, both unconvincing stories but I won't be pushing for an answer.

I have to say that I was impressed with the previous purchase and service from Prodata so I suppose I will have to stump up the UK prices before the Brexit increases start to feed through.