Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

How is this happening?

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
mike98
Weather Station: · ‎Personal weather station
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

How is this happening?

Post by mike98 »

I switched to using the Cumulus software with my vantage vue. I recommend this highly for everyone.

Anyway, solar radiation is showing up in my graphs and it looks correct. How is this possible? The docs make it clear the vue doesn't have a solar radiation sensor. I've got two theories ...

1) It is taking the measurement from the solar cell meant for charging. This wouldn't be terrible accurate but it seems possible.

2) Cumulus is getting the information from a web service and showing it, but I didn't think Cumulus did anything but show the station info.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: How is this happening?

Post by mcrossley »

Are you confusing the "theoretical solar irradiation" value that Cumulus calculates, with an "actual" value from a sensor? The theoretical value will produce a nice smooth curve, the actual values don't (unless it is perfectly cloudless sky).

If you are getting "actual" values, has your base station locked on to some else's VP2 transmitter that does have a solar sensor?