Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Vantage Vue Receiver Connects to 6357OV but not 6357

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
rhorne
Weather Station: Nevada
Operating System: Windows 7

Vantage Vue Receiver Connects to 6357OV but not 6357

Post by rhorne »

Hello,

We have a Vantage Vue ISS and Wireless receiver which worked fine for about 3/4 years until the ISS's anemometer stopped logging wind direction. The general consensus seems to be that there's a problem with the sealed board which it turns out is next-to-impossible to find replacements for.

I ordered a new Vantage Vue ISS. It looks exactly the same as the original except for one difference. The original product number was #6357OV while the replacement is just #6357.

The new ISS is set to transmit on channel 1 but I just cannot get the receiver to pair with it. If I switch the old one back on I can pair with that immediately.

What's puzzling is that it doesn't matter whether I set the receiver to STA 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 I can still pick up the old ISS on channel 4 but never the new ISS.

Any suggestions?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Vantage Vue Receiver Connects to 6357OV but not 6357

Post by steve »

It looks like your Vue is an 'overseas' model (i.e. non US, as you would expect as you appear to be in the UK) and your replacement ISS is a US model. They use different frequencies and won't talk to each other.

My understanding is that it shouldn't be possible to buy the US versions of Davis equipment in the UK (assuming that's where you bought the replacement ISS).
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

*If* the Vue is like the VP2 console you *could* switch it to use US frequencies, but then of course it wouldn't be legal in the UK and you may be liable to some interference from Vodafone 3G.
rhorne
Weather Station: Nevada
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by rhorne »

steve wrote:It looks like your Vue is an 'overseas' model (i.e. non US, as you would expect as you appear to be in the UK) and your replacement ISS is a US model. They use different frequencies and won't talk to each other.

My understanding is that it shouldn't be possible to buy the US versions of Davis equipment in the UK (assuming that's where you bought the replacement ISS).
That is very interesting and I didn't even realise there was a distinction. It was bought from Amazon UK through a re-seller but I know that it came from the US so if there is a difference in frequencies then that would make perfect sense.

Thanks, Steve.