IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

wind gusts fix spikes on multiplier

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
WindyWindy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 8

wind gusts fix spikes on multiplier

Postby WindyWindy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:02 am

i had 1.130 wind Multiplier and wind gust i saw spikes how can i fix this i see 36.4 kph and also i see 34.5kph gusts on graphs?

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: wind gusts fix spikes on multiplier

Postby steve » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:23 am

It's unusual for a Davis station to produce spikes, and using a multiplier shouldn't cause them. Can you upload a graph showing it? Are you sure these aren't genuine readings? Does it happen frequently? What's the max speed shown on your console for that day?
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

WindyWindy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 8

Postby WindyWindy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:11 am

steve wrote:It's unusual for a Davis station to produce spikes, and using a multiplier shouldn't cause them. Can you upload a graph showing it? Are you sure these aren't genuine readings? Does it happen frequently? What's the max speed shown on your console for that day?

how can i upload to show you?

on the consule tells me 24Kph gusts max but i had multiplier on software

but i see the Recent extreme 36.4kph on max gust but graphs is telling me

Last edited by WindyWindy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:32 am

It looks like your console clock and the PC clock are not the same, hence the issue with today's and yesterday's high gusts being confused.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

Return to “Davis VP/VP2/Vue”