Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Changing Date Format

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
VA3TWT
Weather Station: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Changing Date Format

Postby VA3TWT » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:00 am

Hello;

My current date format is set to dd-mm-yy (dashes) and this is causing me problems with the Saratoga template. Is there a way to change the date format to dd/mm/yy (slashes)?

Thanks for the help;
Gord

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Changing Date Format

Postby steve » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:05 am

There are lots of dates produced by Cumulus, which one(s) do you mean? You can change the date format produced by a web tag using the "format" parameter?

I thought that there was an option in the Saratoga templates to specify the date format? Lots of people all over the world are using them, I'm not aware of large numbers of users having this problem.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

VA3TWT
Weather Station: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby VA3TWT » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:11 am

Problem solved. I had to change my Windows 10 format and things are working now.

Thanks;
Gord

saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Postby saratogaWX » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:51 pm

Glad you got it sorted.. the date format on the system running Cumulus/CumulusMX should be set to use DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY as the form. Your system was likely set to use YYYY-MM-DD format, and that is not currently handled by the Saratoga template. Changing the OS default locale format to DD/MM/YYYY likely fixed it.

yv1hx
Weather Station: WX-200 / WS-2310
Operating System: Win XP Professional

Postby yv1hx » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:58 pm

VA3TWT wrote:Problem solved. I had to change my Windows 10 format and things are working now.

Thanks;
Gord

Due the situation here I have a long time without using Cumulus, but as far as I remember, changing the system date/Time formats affects also the date/time format in your log files, so probably you have a mixed date format in your files by now.

Good luck!
Marco-Luis
YV1HX
Cabimas, Zulia, Venezuela
http://www.twitter.com/meteoven

Return to “Davis VP/VP2/Vue”