Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Changing Date Format

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
VA3TWT
Weather Station: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Changing Date Format

Post by VA3TWT »

Hello;

My current date format is set to dd-mm-yy (dashes) and this is causing me problems with the Saratoga template. Is there a way to change the date format to dd/mm/yy (slashes)?

Thanks for the help;
Gord
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Changing Date Format

Post by steve »

There are lots of dates produced by Cumulus, which one(s) do you mean? You can change the date format produced by a web tag using the "format" parameter?

I thought that there was an option in the Saratoga templates to specify the date format? Lots of people all over the world are using them, I'm not aware of large numbers of users having this problem.
Steve
VA3TWT
Weather Station: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by VA3TWT »

Problem solved. I had to change my Windows 10 format and things are working now.

Thanks;
Gord
saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Post by saratogaWX »

Glad you got it sorted.. the date format on the system running Cumulus/CumulusMX should be set to use DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY as the form. Your system was likely set to use YYYY-MM-DD format, and that is not currently handled by the Saratoga template. Changing the OS default locale format to DD/MM/YYYY likely fixed it.
yv1hx
Weather Station: No station yet ...
Operating System: Win XP Professional

Post by yv1hx »

VA3TWT wrote:Problem solved. I had to change my Windows 10 format and things are working now.

Thanks;
Gord
Due the situation here I have a long time without using Cumulus, but as far as I remember, changing the system date/Time formats affects also the date/time format in your log files, so probably you have a mixed date format in your files by now.

Good luck!
Marco