Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

VP 2 and New to Cumulus/use w/USB Data Logger?

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
sreilly24590
Weather Station: Vantage Pro/Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Pro/Windows 10 64 P

VP 2 and New to Cumulus/use w/USB Data Logger?

Post by sreilly24590 »

First let me say that this is my first experience with this software and I'm working on a remote observatory setup hundreds of miles away. That computer is running Windows 10 64 bit. I'm in Virginia and the telescope observatory is at Notre Dame University. The VP2 is installed and uses the USB Data Logger interface. As I read it Cumulus will not interact directly with this data logger and there is a Davis software solution. This is where I get confused. Weatherlink 6.0.3 is installed and I'm needing a bit more explanation of what the proper procedure is to get this unit to communicate with CU. As I understand it CU can use either an IP address or a COM port (serial). I understand that USB is serial but trying all available COM port numbers listed in Device Manager just hangs the program for a short period while it tries to connect and fails each time. Any assistance would be great. I have read through this page http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#How_do ... Cumulus.3F and am unclear where I need to start and whether I can actually do this remotely. Sorry if it seems I'm a bit thick headed.

-Steve
Belmardays
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Win7

Re: VP 2 and New to Cumulus/use w/USB Data Logger?

Post by Belmardays »

yes you can, I did it tonight and im not the smarttest guy, update the silcon app, then update the drive from the mycomputer usb in device manger