Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Remove data records from specific dates & change start date?

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
jschauer
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Win 8

Remove data records from specific dates & change start date?

Post by jschauer »

I have installed a Davis Vantage Pro weather station and it has been uploading to my test site environment continuously for 10 days without problems.

When I installed and configured the Cumulus software and connected to the station on November 3, the station was indoors for two days before being mounted outdoors on November 5.

I would like to delete the data from the dates and times that the station was inside and reported indoor measurements as outdoor measurements. These show up in the record tables.

Can I edit the data files so that the new start date reflects the time that the station was placed outside, and prune the data prior to that time?

Thanks for help with this. I would like the data to be "clean" when I move it to the production server.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Remove data records from specific dates & change start date?

Post by steve »

Edit the November data log to remove the earlier lines, delete the corresponding entries from dayfile.txt, and then start Cumulus and use the built-in editors to re-extract the various sets of high and low records.

You can edit Cumulus.ini to change the date that Cumulus displays as the start of your data.
Steve
jschauer
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Win 8

Re: Remove data records from specific dates & change start date?

Post by jschauer »

Thanks, Steve! Will give it a try. Appreciate the prompt reply.