IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Weatherlink USB - Computer Off - Update

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
jrodriguez6
Weather Station: Ambient WS 2080
Operating System: Windows Vista 64

Weatherlink USB - Computer Off - Update

Postby jrodriguez6 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:17 pm

I can't get a Straight Answer from Davis on Whether or Not the Weatherlink USB on a Davis Vantage Pro2 or Vue will update Data to Cumulus or Weather Underground when the Computer is Turned on in the Morning. I have an Ambient Weather 2080 currently and its worked like this for 9 years. I wanted to update my weather station and I can't believe I have to pay extra for the Data Logger Connection but now I can't even hear the Data will be stored and updated. Thanks I hope Someone will confirm. Something...

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Weatherlink USB - Computer Off - Update

Postby steve » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:29 pm

The Weatherlink connector acts as both the computer interface and a data logger. It stores data and makes it available to software like Cumulus, so that it can catch up when it hasn't been running, in a similar way to the built-in logger in your 2080.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

Return to “Davis VP/VP2/Vue”