Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Weatherlink USB - Computer Off - Update

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
jrodriguez6
Weather Station: Ambient WS 2080
Operating System: Windows Vista 64

Weatherlink USB - Computer Off - Update

Postby jrodriguez6 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:17 pm

I can't get a Straight Answer from Davis on Whether or Not the Weatherlink USB on a Davis Vantage Pro2 or Vue will update Data to Cumulus or Weather Underground when the Computer is Turned on in the Morning. I have an Ambient Weather 2080 currently and its worked like this for 9 years. I wanted to update my weather station and I can't believe I have to pay extra for the Data Logger Connection but now I can't even hear the Data will be stored and updated. Thanks I hope Someone will confirm. Something...

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Weatherlink USB - Computer Off - Update

Postby steve » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:29 pm

The Weatherlink connector acts as both the computer interface and a data logger. It stores data and makes it available to software like Cumulus, so that it can catch up when it hasn't been running, in a similar way to the built-in logger in your 2080.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

Return to “Davis VP/VP2/Vue”