Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Not downloading last record from VP2 logger on Cumulustartup

Discussion specific to Davis weather stations
nugget
Weather Station: Davis Vatage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Not downloading last record from VP2 logger on Cumulustartup

Post by nugget »

Hi,
Not sure if I'm not doing something silly here as I have only had my VP2 (and Cumulus) for a few days so far. I tend to shut down my PC in the evening so first thing in the morning I start Cumulus and allow it to download the most recent records from the VP2 logger since shutdown. It consistently seems to download all except the most recent.

Example:
Shutdown previous night at 8pm, start up cumulus this morning at 6:28am. I would expect all records up to and including 6:20am as that should have been logged 8 minutes ago (both logger and cumulus set to 10 minute updates).
The last entry in Feb11log.txt however is for 6:10am. Also Timestamp in today.ini is 6:10am. If I allow Cumulus to continue running then it will log 6:30am in Feb11log.txt but it will obviously not retrieve the 6:20am reading from the logger.
Clocks on both console and PC show the same time/date

I am running v1.9.1 build 979

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Richard
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Not downloading last record from VP2 logger on Cumulusta

Post by steve »

It's a bug in the Davis code. I can't remember whether it's the station itself, or the Davis DLL which Cumulus uses to interface with the station.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I had a look to see what happens when you talk to the station directly, and you get all of the data. So the bug is in the DLL.
Steve
nugget
Weather Station: Davis Vatage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by nugget »

Thanks for the quick reply Steve. We can hope that there will be an update from Davis some time in the future that will fix it. In the mean time I guess it's not too bad as it's not much of an issue. If I feel I have missed a 'crucial' reading in that last 10 minutes I guess I can always 'back date' the timetstamp in today.ini and download from an earlier time and then remove duplicates.

Richard