Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

problem usb davis

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

master1986
Weather Station: Lacrosse 2350
Operating System: Windows 8.1

problem usb davis

Post by master1986 »

Hello everyone , I have a problem , I'm working on trying to connect the Davis pro 2 raspberry after getting PROPERLY installed pile mx . The Problem is the driver in fact my Davis have an usb and not com port . I downloaded the driver Allowing you to convert the USB port to come ( Virtually ) , but I can not install it as it gives me a kernel error.

Does anyone have a Davis connected on raspberry with cumulus mx ?
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: problem usb davis

Post by freddie »

master1986 wrote:Does anyone have a Davis connected on raspberry with cumulus mx ?
Lots of people do. Have a look at this thread: https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... ual+serial
Freddie
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

You don't need any additional driver on a Pi, the built-in drivers automatically create the virtual serial port - normally /dev/ttyUSB0 (as in the FAQ)

If you have been using your station on Windows with Weatherlink in USB mode rather than virtual serial mode, then perhaps this doesn't work, so in that case perhaps you do need to use the converter on a Windows system to switch it to virtual serial mode.
Steve
master1986

Post by master1986 »

Hello Steave , on windows I use the USB port directly , no usb converter > com . With a utility davis ( software) it is virtually converts usb com , and then on WeatherLink you set the serial port . I tried to use cumulusmx ( perfect fit ) of raspberry 2 , but cumulus does not receive data , in setting the station me alone serial or tcp port. in raspberry I have not figured out how you set the usb ....
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

If you're using it with a virtual serial port on Windows, it will work in exactly the same way on a Pi. Have you specified the correct serial port name? Have you looked at the MX FAQ which tells you what you need to do?

It's hard to help (and very frustrating) when you don't supply any information at all about what you've done, e.g. what configuration settings you are using, or show any output from Cumulus.
Steve
master1986

Post by master1986 »

hello Steave , the problem is that I can not understand that port number set on cumulus mx . On windows I used com3 , on most I can not understand which of the 4 ports, enter the setting .
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You can't use a Windows com port name on Linux, you have to use the device name. Have you looked at the MX FAQ? https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12943 - It tells you exactly what you need to do.
Steve
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Post by BigOkie »

master1986 wrote:hello Steave , the problem is that I can not understand that port number set on cumulus mx . On windows I used com3 , on most I can not understand which of the 4 ports, enter the setting .
try typing at a terminal window on the Pi:

sudo ls /dev/*USB*

What is the result?
master1986

Post by master1986 »

Hello I Solved by entering the serial number of the port , found reading the faq :) Thanks Steave
VTHokie74
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Rasbian

Post by VTHokie74 »

master1986 wrote:Hello I Solved by entering the serial number of the port , found reading the faq :) Thanks Steave
Do you mean you entered "/dev/ttyUSB0" for the port setting?
Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2/CumulusMX/Raspberry Pi 3