Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

view-gauge.js - not edited by Cumulus 1.9.4

Discussion and support for 3rd-party (non-Sandaysoft) tools for Cumulus
MC Nauders
Weather Station: WS1080
Operating System: Windows 8.1

view-gauge.js - not edited by Cumulus 1.9.4

Post by MC Nauders »

Hello!

sorry for my bad English.

I recently run a weather station "WS1080 Fine Offset" and Cumulus 1.9.4 on a Windows 7 PC.
Now I have downloaded and edited the templates "weatherconsole and gauges" from this topic - https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4357
In the file Gauges is a file called view-gauges.js and according to Readme.txt I should do the following:

>>>- Locate the view-gauges.js file in the package.
Put that file in your Cumulus DATA folder.
- In Cumulus program, goto Configuration -> Internet -> Files
In that screen use an empty row to click on BROWSE.
Browse to the cumulus program, data folder and click on the file you just put there (view-gauge.js)
After that in the remote filenames, type the path to the cumulus folder and view-gauge.js
Must be something like: /public_html/cumulus/view-gauge.js
Check the process and ftp checkbox and dont forget to click on OK (bottom of page)<<<

So I did it, but Cumulus loads a blank file on the server and indicates that the line 16 is too long.
Then I split the line on a normal screen width. Once I tried only a simple line break with the Enter key, and once I have set "/" after each line.

Now Cumulus loads the file unchanged on the server and I am not able to supply my page with current data. The displayed data in the small thermometers, the barometer and the cloud base are only the original data from the original file

www.modellclub-nauders.at/wetter/gauges.php

I have no idea what I could do. Please help me! :)
N0BGS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Win10vm,VMWare ESXi 7.0

Re: view-gauge.js - not edited by Cumulus 1.9.4

Post by N0BGS »

Hi:

The content of your view-gauge.js file does not seem to change. Have you checked the server permissions on the file to make sure the FTP account you are using to upload the file has rights to overwrite the file? The file permission in Linux on your web server should probably be set to 775:

Code: Select all

chmod 775 view-gauge.js
Also, in your Cumulus data folder there should be two files:

1. view-gauge.js
2. view-gauge.jstmp

If you open the view-gauge.jstmp file on the computer with Cumulus installed does that file exist and do the contents change? They should.

--Kurt
Blitzortung Station 1809
MC Nauders

Post by MC Nauders »

Hi!

Please excuse the late reply!

The authorization was set to 664 and I tried also 775. The file is overwritten in both cases.
N0BGS wrote: Also, in your Cumulus data folder there should be two files:

1. view-gauge.js
2. view-gauge.jstmp

If you open the view-gauge.jstmp file on the computer with Cumulus installed does that file exist and do the contents change? They should.
Both files are in the data folder, but the view-gauge.jstmp file is unchanged, it is exactly the same as the view-gauge.js file.

Can it possibly be that this js file does not work with the Cumulus version 1.9.4? This file was written in 2012 and can be found in the Cumulus 1 area - https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4357

Elmar
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Are you sure this step was done?
Check the process and ftp checkbox and dont forget to click on OK (bottom of page)
If so and there is no error, then maybe you are going to have to post the view-gauge.js file for us to have a look at?
MC Nauders

Post by MC Nauders »

Yes I'm sure I've set it so >>>Check the process and ftp checkbox and dont forget to click on OK (bottom of page)<<<
Screenshot (40).png
The view-gauge.js file is the original from here https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4357

I post the file here again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MC Nauders

Post by MC Nauders »

I have also tried with and without "realtime" and "utf8" - without success
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Your view-gauge.js file is an already 'processed' file, i.e. it already contains data, so there's nothing that Cumulus can do with it. It needs to be a 'template' file containing 'web tags', so that Cumulus can replace the web tags with actual data.
Steve
MC Nauders

Post by MC Nauders »

OK thanks Steve! I'll try it. :)