Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Information cumulus mx

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

veleno
Weather Station: vantage pro 2
Operating System: win7

Information cumulus mx

Post by veleno »

hello, sorry to bother you, I installed the version of cumulus mx on my pc and I have to say that it is well done.
I'm not an expert and I was wondering if the new visible graphical interface on the PC was also reproduced in the web page.
Thank you
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Information cumulus mx

Post by steve »

I haven't done it myself, but I think one or two other people had a go - it's not straightforward as the interface pages talk directly to Cumulus, and on a web site that would require Cumulus to be running on the web server and accessible to the world, which is not a good idea. You would have to devise a way to get the data by some other means (e.g. using web tags).
Steve
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

veleno wrote:I was wondering if the new visible graphical interface on the PC was also reproduced in the web page.
Thank you
Are you aware of the default Website provided with the MX install.

It's not the same as the local web interface, but provides similar data, including graphs & gauges.

It's simply a matter of uploading the web files to your site, then setting Cumulus up to send the updates.

Phil.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Post by NeilThomas »

veleno wrote:hello, sorry to bother you, I installed the version of cumulus mx on my pc and I have to say that it is well done.
I'm not an expert and I was wondering if the new visible graphical interface on the PC was also reproduced in the web page.
Thank you
Hi. I am in the process of developing a similar interface based on the local version for MX for publication on a web server. However, this will not provide access to change any of the settings as this would, as Steve says, give the world access to your system - not a good idea. In the meantime check out the interfaces provided on my website. http://oaktreewebs.co.uk/resources.php. :D
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
glennpm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by glennpm »

Hi Neal,

I like what you've done and thought I'd give it a try. The "Download" button highlights to pale yellow but no download is initiated when clicked for some reason.

Glenn
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

glennpm wrote:Hi Neal,

I like what you've done and thought I'd give it a try. The "Download" button highlights to pale yellow but no download is initiated when clicked for some reason.

Glenn
Glenn i have posted the direct links https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 95#p122995

and have emailed Neal regarding this issue.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

veleno

Post by veleno »

NeilThomas wrote:
veleno wrote:hello, sorry to bother you, I installed the version of cumulus mx on my pc and I have to say that it is well done.
Thank you
Hi. I am in the process of developing a similar interface based on the local version for MX for publication on a web server. However, this will not provide access to change any of the settings as this would, as Steve says, give the world access to your system - not a good idea. In the meantime check out the interfaces provided on my website. http://oaktreewebs.co.uk/resources.php. :D

Hello you have been very kind in presenting your work exactly what I meant in the post.
Question, since I am not an expert, you have a small installation guide to txt?
It should be installed on the server or locally in cumulus folder?
Thanks and excuse the trouble
NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Post by NeilThomas »

veleno wrote:
NeilThomas wrote:
Thank you

Hello you have been very kind in presenting your work exactly what I meant in the post.
Question, since I am not an expert, you have a small installation guide to txt?
It should be installed on the server or locally in cumulus folder?
Thanks and excuse the trouble
Hi Veleno

If you are talking about the 'Alternative Interface' then this should only be installed in the 'interface' folder on your local computer - the one that is physically connected to your weather station.

The 'Alternative Live Site' is for public facing servers and you need to copy (ftp) the 'webfiles' folder directly to your web host and copy the 'web' folder into the main CumulusMX installation folder. It will replace one that is already there. However - please make sure you have a copy of this folder somewhere safe so that you can undo any changes it makes. Basically, it will copy *******T.htm files into your 'web' folder which are then processed by CumulusMX and uploaded to your server.

I will be producing a more comprehensive guide later if you still need help.

Neil
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

Thank you
veleno, if you're referring to the localhost:8998 then no, not by default. As Steve says, you would need to edit each page and replace the values with webtags, and also edit out the "setup menus"
Regards Simon

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

veleno

Post by veleno »

Thank you Neal, you have been very kind and helpful .. if I have need not hesitate to disturb you
ConligWX

Post by ConligWX »

veleno

The only place I have seen the dashboard running as a website is here:

http://silveracorn.nz/cumulusmx/index.php

though I have tried to contact the owner but so far his email address gets bounced. not sure if this is a Modded Dashboard with Webtags or the Webserver is also the Cumulus Server.
Regards Simon

BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

Hi,

Am alive and well

Concerned that your email should be getting bounced.

You could pm me, or use the Contact Us link on our main website ( http://silveracorn.nz/weather ) . Would appreciate your including a copy of the bounce response you received back if you still have it.
veleno

Post by veleno »

I meant exact interface that you linked to me, very pretty and functional