Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Steel gauges stopped working?

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Steel gauges stopped working?

Post by ExperiMentor »

I'm using Cumulus MX with out-of-the-box unamended webpages, running on a Raspberry Pi.
Everything has been working perfectly until the last few days, when the Steel gauges started working only intermittently, now they seem to have stopped altogether. Other parts of the webpages (charts etc) are fine, and the gauges appear correctly, but all read 'zero' (or rather, bottom of the scale).

I understand that the gauge 'software' is located elsewhere with the RPi just providing the values to display - so where do I look to solve this issue?
Does anyone else have a problem?

You should be able to see my gauges at http://89.XXX.3.112:8998/gauges.html (replace the XXX with 217)
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Steel gauges stopped working?

Post by steve »

Web socket connections to port 8002 are failing - do you have that port open on your firewall?
Steve
ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Post by ExperiMentor »

Thanks, I didn't, and forwarding port 8002 to the RPi has instantly fixed the problem!
I suppose at least it means my firewall is doing its job.

Is this a new requirement? I have never opened that port previously and it was working fine!

The 'intermittent' is likely because (although I had not realised it) there was no problem over my internal LAN
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

ExperiMentor wrote:Is this a new requirement? I have never opened that port previously and it was working fine!
The Dashboard, Now and Gauges pages have always used web sockets and always on port 8002, by default.
Steve