Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumuluswebtags.php not found

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Cumuluswebtags.php not found

Post by forestedge »

I am trialling php webtags. Following the wiki instructions, cumuluswebtags.txt is being successfully processed and uploaded to my webhost as cumuluswebtags.php.

However using the example script from the wiki, the test php file thismonthT.php is not showing any data. The error log has also shown the message "Failed opening required 'cumuluswebtags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tottonwe/public_html/Trial/thismonthT.php on line 2"

I have tried expanding the path details without success. Any help appreciated please...php file attached, saved as txt file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

Re: Cumuluswebtags.php not found

Post by jlmr731 »

Not sure what your thismonthT.php file looks like, usually with cumulus any file with a T in it is just a template that needs processed by cumulus.
it would be helpful if you can upload that so we can see whats going on with it.
Now about your error "Failed opening required 'cumuluswebtags.php' would be that php cannot find that file under the require path you set.
Depending on where you uploaded the file and from what i see from your error message are you uploading that file to the Trial/ directory?
unless you specified in cumulus to upload there it may be uploading to your web root directory with all your other files that cumulus processes.
you could try

Code: Select all

<?php  require_once("../cumuluswebtags.php"); ?> 
 or even 
 <?php  require_once("/home/tottonwe/public_html/cumuluswebtags.php");

Hope this helps but also post any and all relevant files your using
forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Post by forestedge »

Thanks for the advice. I moved the cumuluswebtags.php destination to the Trial folder and have tried various path definitions without success as can be seen from the error log.
Attached is a very simple forecast file which does not run. The forum software will not upload the thismonth or thismonthT as it identifies them as possible attack vectors :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

Post by jlmr731 »

try this and see if it will work

Code: Select all

<?php 
include "Trial/cumuluswebtags.php";
  echo $time;
 echo "<br/>";
 Echo "The current forecast is " . $forecast;
?>
you had require_once("/public_html/Trial/cumuluswebtags.php"); and require_once statement should work, but your path is not setup right there.
your first / would be top level like where /root /home /etc and all them dir are.
I use include (personal preference ) as here is the diffrence

The require() function is identical to include(), except that it handles errors differently. If an error occurs, the include() function generates a warning, but the script will continue execution. The require() generates a fatal error, and the script will stop.
The require_once() statement is identical to require() except PHP will check if the file has already been included, and if so, not include (require) it again.