Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Upgrade to MX problems

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

midcon07
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Upgrade to MX problems

Post by midcon07 »

Let me preface this: I'm 75 years old and have been doing my darnedest to keep up but it's a struggle. 8-) I have been running 1.9.4 successfully for a couple of years. Decided to upgrade to MX. I tried to follow all the instructions and thought I had it but after 4 hours I've given up. I right clicked on the CumulusMX and had run it as administrator, I was asked for the permission, clicked ok. Still can't get the program to run. attached is a screen that pops up everytime I attempt to run it.
After giving up I moved my MX directory out of C: to a flash drive, moved my 1.9.4 back on C: and it works fine, caught up all the back data.
I would like to upgrade to MX so help is appreciated.
Windows 10, Davis VP2.
error.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Upgrade to MX problems

Post by steve »

That's the error you get when it isn't run as administrator (and you haven't used the netsh command mentioned in the intructions to allow it run without administrator privilege).

Can you do other things which require administrator privilege? It could be that your user (unusually) doesn't have administrator access (i.e. it isn't a member of the admin group).
Steve
midcon07
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by midcon07 »

Thanks for your help, Steve. I figured that one out.
Now I get a different screen (attached) and it looks like the program is running ok but I believe I have to edit the eighth line and add "localhost" into the text. I'm sorry but I don't know how to do that. Apparently there is no dos text editor for Win 10? But there has to be a way.
prompt.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

You don't edit that line, you do what the instructions say: "Type the URL which is displayed (when MX starts running) into your browser (replace the * with the IP address, or use localhost) and the interface should appear." In other words, put http://localhost:8998/ into the address bar in your browser.
Steve