Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Help - Windows 10 has murdered Cumulus.

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

scanman
Weather Station: Davis VP2

Re: Help - Windows 10 has murdered Cumulus.

Post by scanman »

Really not sure what has happened. The gauges stopped updating (not sure why) and now I think I have messed things up further trying to upgrade to the latest version of steel series gauges. I seem to have two gauge pages (gauges.htm and gauges-ss.htm), both of which seem to be dead!
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

First sort out why your realtimegauges.txt file isn't being uploaded by Cumulus, Then we'll look at the new version of the gauges.
scanman

Post by scanman »

yeah...it's mystery to me. The web pages update, but not the realtime data. I don't recall changing any settings for that.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

So you still have realtimegauges.txt set in the the internet settings? Is Cumulus updating the realtimegauges.txt file on your PC? If you turn on ftp logging, the ftplog.txt file will show what happens when Cumulus tries to upload the file.

Your realtime.txt file is updating, so you clearly have realtime ftp working.
Steve
scanman

Post by scanman »

Aha.....the path on my local drive was incorrect.....sorted the real time update now, I think........
Last edited by scanman on Fri 16 Jun 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You are using a version of realtimegaugesT.txt which doesn't work with MX because the date and time format strings are different:

"date":"07:nn"

MX comes with the correct file, and in the latest build you just enable it, you don't need to specify any paths beyond the one that you specify for all the other uploads.
Steve
scanman

Post by scanman »

It seems to be working ok now at my end. Maybe I should just quit now, while I am ahead? Could you confirm the website works ok with you (disregard the gauges-ss.htm and just go with the old one?)
scanman

Post by scanman »

I think it is all working again now. Quite why a Windows update should have screwed with the Firewall settings is beyond me, but I am pleased I have Cumulus up and running again. A big thank you to all who advised and Steve - a wee donation is coming through the ether in your direction.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Your site looks good from here.

Messing with settings is fairly common with Windows 10 updates, it's very annoying.
Steve
KetteringUK
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY

Post by KetteringUK »

My Windows 10 installation has been fine for years but I cannot update the website since the last update. Since late 2016 I often have to launch Cumulus a few times to get a stable connection - after 20 mins plus weather underground reports stopped, is my first clue. No I cannot even get my installation to upload to my website using extra files.

Web interface runs fine so is there any logging I can enable to determine what the application is doing?

EDIT After 10 plus restarts, removing the web files that Cumulus creates in the root folder, updating all extra settings files (no changes) and the adding a new CumulusMX firewall rule -- we are updating. I'll update again here if anything similar happens.
scanman

Post by scanman »

It turned out Windows had mucked up my firewall settings, but I only discovered that through trial and error - and a big dose of luck. I initially thought that maybe the update had corrupted Cumulus, but even a complete reinstall didn't work - now I know why! Really annoying, as I am not terribly tech-savvy.