If you use Cumulus, please donate Image

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderators: daj, TNETWeather

Toxic17
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.1 Stretch

Re: Cumulus Realtime.txt Dashboard Template

Postby Toxic17 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:42 pm

tul9033 wrote:Is there by chance a mirror for the last version? I had not updated for several weeks and see some layout changes that I do not have.

ygm
Regards Simon
https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS

JennyLeez
Weather Station: La Crosse WS3083
Operating System: Windows XP, Win7 & Win 10

Postby JennyLeez » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi Brian,

Well I am completed gutted to say the least.
I have logged in to download the latest version to find I had a bit of reading to catch up on.

I am so so sorry to read that 1 unscrupulous user has passed your beautifully designed template off as his own. Unbelievable!!!!
I am even more sorry you have removed all links to your dashboard and will no longer be making any enhancements available.
This is truly a loss for all of us who use it.
However I understand why. In your shoes I would be extremely angry and feeling somewhat 'ripped off'.

I just want to say thank you for those years of toil and mega hours of your time. As a dashboard, the design is the best. Everything there at a glance. Your time has definitely not been wasted.
I have enjoyed watching the template develop and playing. It is also the only Live weather template supporting the native New Zealand language and I thank you for that.

I see the culprit has removed all from his website now.
Maybe in time you will once again feel the urge to come back and play with those of us, who sincerely appreciate what you have built and provided freely.

I wish you all the best and again, thank you :)

Cheers
Jenny
Wairoa, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand Weather Station:
http://wairoa.net/weather/index.htm
Cumulus Topsites:
http://cumulussites.net/

weatherist34
Weather Station: Fine Offset HP1000/2000
Operating System: OS X Sierra

Postby weatherist34 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Thank you for your all the ongoing emails however let me say quite clearly and I no longer have that "ITCH" I'm afraid Ken .Ive been trying to make this reply over the last few in the case of I might feel somewhat different but I don't in anyway Im afraid..

The weather template is no longer available from myself or weather34 website.
It has been discussed on numerous forums and unfortunately I no longer want to continue even after some consideration but I feel a total lack of trust and enthusiasm .I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused this project is over and finished . 

I appreciate your kind words and acknowledge them but there is no more support and any support emails requested will not be answered..It is finished and I no longer will monitor the email address after September 1st.. 

you can achieve anything you want in web design . I have designed websites believe it or not since 1999 up till a few days ago I thought it was 2002 .. web design is all about your imagination and also learning to understanding requirements and best practices, it doesn't come overnight and can take years,sometimes forever has trends shift and as we have seen in recent years devices have completely dictated the trends in web design, think differently and ignore , you will get left behind in the archives or just have poorly performing weather station website ...avoid flash like the plague which probably already have realised..

One serious TIP when choosing your web hosting service and and treat it as important as the accuracy and reliability of your weather station.Over the last two years i have seen many not take this view and use a low cost $1 a month package or something in that ballpark. I don't understand that in terms of offering your weather data to the public you spend perhaps 100s or thousands on your weather station and not treat the reliability of your web hosting with the same approach. Ive used ICDSOFT for a few years now I pay $90 dollars a year each year it goes down ! .it allows me to develop on and i can throw anything it, at times i have had 4 or 5 different projects running and at one point last year i was hosting a hotel portal database that was really heavy on the server load alongside two other projects and my own weather station page...So treat your hosting choice as you would when choosing your weather station for its accuracy and reliability.

ALSO avoid external resources from other urls especially realtime iframe usage this has an enormous impact on the performance of your site , yes it looks neat but I have taken the time to measure performances of many websites where iframe and direct external resources are used on a home page or there main page and the result is appalling truly appalling , I'm surprised in this day an age that anyone will actually hang around long enough for the page to load to see something..

the results are quite shocking ill let you discover it all ...

I can only say it's a bit like building and designing your own house you can really achieve anything if you put your mind to it and those put those ideas into practice, web design does not have to be a complex disorganized array of code.follow the basic rules and don't try to be a hero and measure the performance on a regular basis, design with an empty a basic template and start at the beginning take your time you won't go wrong and the outcome will be a pleasant surprise and probably a pleasant surprise to many others.I hope this design has inspired others to try there own ideas ..

I really truly do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience, but has I said earlier in the week If I make an exception for one Ill have to do it for all and thats a trap Im not going to fall into......anyway the football season will begin again this weekend and I have today bought a new season ticket(its a plastic atm styled card now with my mugshot on it). I have set a personal goal attending all home games and as many away games as possible...thats my real passion and having a wife who shares the same enthusiasm for football is rare I think ....
"en buyuk Besiktas "... anyway the weekend has landed and football begins..

I also have just been notified the individual at the root of all this has now reverted back to a flash based website :-) sadly i cant view it my iPad browser it don't support flash...

brian
Last edited by weatherist34 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

master-willy
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Server 2012R2

Postby master-willy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Toxic17 wrote:
tul9033 wrote:Is there by chance a mirror for the last version? I had not updated for several weeks and see some layout changes that I do not have.

ygm

Same here, for a last version!

HRVistaWeather
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 (64bit)

Postby HRVistaWeather » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi,
Prior to the issues above, I sent Brian an email : see below;
So that the work does not go unused, if you use Cumulus and have realtime and dayfile tables already setup in mysql and would like to try it (no support provided). Send me a PM and I will forward on the files. In light of what has happened to Brian I would rather not post the files here.
With reference to a request you sent me ages ago, I have finally got around to creating a working cumulus mysql driven charts.
So before my health fails more, I thought I would pass what I have onto you, in the event you may wish to pass it onto another Cumulus/Mysql user to test and develop further.
I created it purely based on your standard being (small / no real setup / no real change from current wuchart scripts).
It works perfect for me, though some users may prefer more mysql database checks added, but as I mentioned it is built to your minimalistic standard.

If user enters their DB info into your current easyweathersetup.php then this will work, which I believe is for WS1001 , my new mysql pages all use these settings, so no need for additional mods to the easyweathersetup.php.

I have attached only the files that I have modified and the only issue that I see would be in what interval each user has their data stored in the mysql tables. I store every minute, some store in 5 mins , some in 10 mins.
The issue is not with the queries I have provided, it will only be with the chart display bottom x axis date intervals. I changed the today charts from your 12 interval to 60 interval as I am returning (1) minute data.

The scripts query only 2 tables in mysql:
1: realtime = Today Charts Data.
2; dayfile = Monthly and Yearly Data.

The other thing to point out is that the Monthly and Yearly Charts will not have Today’s data as they are not available until after midnight in most cases.
However personally I fell that is not an issue as the Today Charts already display Today.

Anyway, as I created it for my use, thought I would pass it on and if not used then no problem.

I am sure that some switches could be implemented to swap from wucharts to mysqlcharts in the official deplyment, I doubt that would be much to setup, I just did not do it as I do not upload to WU anymore.

Hope you get some use out of it,
Note: I have not copied anyone in on this email, leave it for you to decide whether you do away with it or get someone to test it.

Enjoy the football Brian.
Kind regards,

UPDATE: Please note I have removed my email address from my Forum Signature, please if you wish a copy as per above do as requested send me a PM and I will respond. I will not respond to emails.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HRVistaWeather on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony

Huon River Vista Weather - South Franklin - Tasmania
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus - FARS, Cumulus MX, 2 Soil Temp/Moist Solar/Rad.
Weather PC Died 2016/11/21 15:25 Cannot justify replacement (Website dead)

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Postby PaulMy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:50 am

Thanks Tony,
Thanks, and I have it here www.komokaweather.com/pws-mysql

Enjoy,
Paul

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:11 am

PaulMy wrote:Thanks Tony,
Thanks, and I have it here http://www.komokaweather.com/pws-mysql

Enjoy,
Paul

Hello

due to demand and ongoing requests you may download last version i worked on , it is really important to *NOTE there is NO SUPPORT the download is provided as is and no point emailing for support . This is the BEST i can do to show some appreciation for your input over the last two years.
This version is exclusive to cumulus USERS ONLY it will not work with any other software or hardware you must be running Cumulus software.

available via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

the other version supported is Meteobridge but then you would need to use that version only, I am simply honouring Boris who sent me a meteobridge package some months ago .At least providing something which again exclusive to Meteobridge users in that version .

In the future at some stage though I have no dates or timeframe , I will release the WeatherFlow exclusive version which again I am honouring WeatherFlow who sent me a field test unit some months ago. again the version is exclusive to Weatherflow and be available when there hardware is available to purchase .

In short I felt I should at least offer Cumulus users a version as the CUMULUS software remains free and widely used .None of these version are mixed
they are purely dedicated to the appropriate software or hardware. PLEASE IMPORTANT TO NOTE THERE IS NO SUPPORT !! .most common issues I had seen over the last two in no doubt was server configurations either having certain requirements disabled or not supported in the hosting packages.

so there you are ..please no more emails I get the picture and hopefully have now responded to them all..

brian

nitrx
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby nitrx » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:09 am

Thank you HRVistaWeather an Brian for adding the sql version ! I really wish you good luck ! BTW in answer to the football / soccer of the Dutchies we'll better send our ladies to the World Champ in 2018 I'm afraid the men will not place for the WC ;)

endfm
Weather Station: XC0348
Operating System: Jessie

Postby endfm » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:58 am

[quote="HRVistaWeather"]Hi,
Prior to the issues above, I sent Brian an email : see below;
So that the work does not go unused, if you use Cumulus and have realtime and dayfile tables already setup in mysql and would like to try it (no support provided). Send me a PM and I will forward on the files. In light of what has happened to Brian I would rather not post the files here.
[quote]

Thanks, I have numerous scripts which have been nulled, which is a problem however there's nothing I can do about it, I guess some people have thicker skins then others.

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:26 am

Thanks, I have numerous scripts which have been nulled, which is a problem however there's nothing I can do about it, I guess some people have thicker skins then others.

thick skinned meaning ?

show us your nulled scripts many would love to see them , feel free to share ?

in hrvista's case read his comments i think he is dealing with rather more concerning issues than a weather template..

thick skinned or not it is a not momentarily bout of actions it is purely a build up and ongoing actions by a minority ..

be thankful some of us share our work with you all..its not us thats reaps the benefit..

brian

gw3atz
Weather Station: WS 1081
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby gw3atz » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Thanks for the files Tony.............Works well here.

Thanks also to Brian not only for this update, but all your time and efforts over the years. Very much appreciated here.

Cheers..................Geoff

deewx.ddns.net/pws/index.php

endfm
Weather Station: XC0348
Operating System: Jessie

Postby endfm » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:52 am

weatherist34 wrote:

thick skinned meaning ?

in hrvista's case read his comments i think he is dealing with rather more concerning issues than a weather template..

thick skinned or not it is a not momentarily bout of actions it is purely a build up and ongoing actions by a minority ..

be thankful some of us share our work with you all..its not us thats reaps the benefit..

brian

Gotcha, apologies.

it's not weather related however it's IT management software which is my main way of sourcing an income, they pop up more then google and other complaint websites can keep a grasp on, I'd rather not share here though.

I know, it's a hobby and everything, however some people I know are making money from their weather websites, myself included I will be honest. I think good templates and require control and subscription payment much like my hosting environment. You're right about hosting though, my weather websites pulls 6gb monthly and it's only increasing.

Apologies if my comment has a little harsh, Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE everything involved with sandaysoft, scripts, templates and the various people who run weather websites and the people who post here, and of course the admin of this website. Even if I don't post I'm still reading.

Would love to see continued updates maybe one day in the future.

to quote,
"be thankful some of us share our work with you all..its not us thats reaps the benefit.."
very thankful, and you could.
Last edited by endfm on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:09 pm

endfm wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:

thick skinned meaning ?

brian

Gotcha, apologies.

it's not weather related however it's IT management software which is my main way of sourcing an income, they pop up more then google and other complaint websites can keep a grasp on, I'd rather not share here though.

I know, it's a hobby and everything, however some people I know are making money from their weather websites, myself included I will be honest. I think good templates and require control and subscription payment much like my hosting environment. You're right about hosting though, my weather websites pulls 6gb monthly and it's only increasing.

Apologies if my comment has a little harsh, Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE everything involved with sandaysoft, scripts, templates and the various people who run weather websites and the people who post here, and of course the admin of this website. Even if I don't post I'm still reading.

Would love to see continued updates maybe one day in the future.

btw the dude in question is near me I should visit him. :lol:

to quote,
"be thankful some of us share our work with you all..its not us thats reaps the benefit.."
very thankful, and you could.

NO WORRIES ...

yes define the word hobby and then define the word business ..

two totally different things based on two different structures . designing websites for a living is fine I did it for 10+ years I made a lot of money but lets be clear I did it to make money to buy my gadgets and computer stuff etc I didn't do it has a means to cover daily living though at its peak I could have it was at that point I began to not take on new clients because it was easily to see how it could completely become a mess and unmanageable though still profitable in terms of money as I had no overheads apart from my time commuting (Istanbul is a tough city to commute in 60km average time 3 hours if you get the timing wrong basically you have a two hour window between 9-11am to go where ever you want to go without the stress outside that window its gut wrenching !! ) and health...The moment you start charging for your work there is that element that they own you and can dictate to you and totally bust all your theories on how you want your work to appear..

a hobby totally different for me it was something I wanted for my personal use and satisfaction never had any inclination about making money from it,but i be honest there were numerous offers from retail outlets , and rebranded product suppliers and i have received hardware to develop with but not money and neither did I want too.. I declined most of them all has i was reading between the lines and could see quite easily it would no longer be a enjoyment more of a requirement..

take care good luck in your web business ..and ps I forgot I even did this a simple reverse text smack bang in the middle of the combi.js , it does nothing it simply is a reversed text no function and i can see it

6102moc.43rehtaewybdengisedxx

try it :-) http://www.textreverse.com

However

HRVistaWeather
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 (64bit)

Postby HRVistaWeather » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi Brian,

Firstly, thank you for the comments in earlier post = appreciated.

I was put under last Friday and (happy days) came too again and now back at home, many issues still to be resolved but breathing for now :-)

I hope you do not mind me posting this, though sitting back and watching what has been going on is beyond belief.
I am a true blue Aussie (Qld born and bread and lived / worked or at least been to every state in Australia) and I must say that I am totally embarrassed by the content of some previous posts by Aussie forum members.

1: The well known WeatherSoft.
2: The latest endfm.

I will not comment on (1) as I was not directly impacted by him, and he is old enough to know better.
But (2) really got to me with the reference to Thick Skinned, especial when including reference to my post.

Truthfully, even after the explanation that endfm (endfm - at time of writing was and still on most site the Administrator of Harbour City Hosting) gave, I am still baffled.
Though after taking a look and capturing images of his website (at that time) I know understand why.
His original site was full of extremely bad additions to the point it did not correctly display the weather nor the forecast, it was also non compliant with the original concept for Weather34 being for use with Pad type devices and contained multiple banners of google related adds.

The version endfm was running was not the current version (note: he posted it after Brian deployed the last grateful version).
Nor did Matthew contact me to obtain any of my (MySql) files, though as per his last post that was obviously not his issue.

On the footer of his original site he had removed the "Designed by Weather34.com" and replaced with "Hosted by Harbour City Hosting".
endfm did state earlier that he was in it for profit. My undertaking on a PWS goes way back to the days when old retired Meteorological based people retired and to reduce boredom, they would start a weather site at home, with the expertise they had learned during their life time.
These days it seems that (although there is an ever increasing majority of even younger enthusiasts genuinely trying to do the same. There is a minority who are just out there to try and profit from using other peoples software and badgering many to get their own site running as they have absolutely no idea nor expertise in coding nor the weather to say the least.

Now endfm has removed the fore mentioned files and replaced them with a non functioning version of Brian's latest version.

I hate doing this but no one knows how long they have left on earth, but to see people blatantly stealing gets up my left nostril.

I can't even understand Matthews comment regards " btw the dude in question is near me I should visit him. :lol: "

If he refers to "Weathersoft" then either one does not live in NSW or the other not in VIC.

I have most likely not made all the points I wished to make above, (too tired) but sorry just had to have my say.

Note: By request from endfm, I have removed reference to his real name, though endfm needs to remember that regardless of his profession, he is still plastered all over the internet (real name and all) and based on the contents within this thread, including what I have captured over time. from the internet and his sites. He would be best to thank his lucky stars and hope that the remainder of his life is furbished with better outcomes. Note: To all, be careful what you put on the internet.
I have no intention of replying to endfm's last post about 3 down, as it is absolutely not worth it. He is not the only one who knows that he was wrong and I have the evidence to prove it, full desktop screen captures over come website screen copying issues on website footers.
Kind Regards,
Stay Safe, Have a nice Weather Day,
Last edited by HRVistaWeather on Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tony

Huon River Vista Weather - South Franklin - Tasmania
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus - FARS, Cumulus MX, 2 Soil Temp/Moist Solar/Rad.
Weather PC Died 2016/11/21 15:25 Cannot justify replacement (Website dead)

weatherist34

Postby weatherist34 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:12 pm

HRVistaWeather wrote:Hi Brian,

Firstly, thank you for the comments in earlier post = appreciated.

I was put under last Friday and (happy days) came too again and now back at home, many issues still to be resolved but breathing for now :-)

I hope you do not mind me posting this, though sitting back and watching what has been going on is beyond belief.
I am a true blue Aussie (Qld born and bread and lived / worked or at least been to every state in Australia) and I must say that I am totally embarrassed by the content of some previous posts by Aussie forum members.

1: The well known WeatherSoft man "David Findlay" from Victoria.
2: The latest "Harbour City Hosting" boy Matthew Wicks" from NSW.

I will not comment on (1) as I was not directly impacted by him, and he is old enough to know better.
But (2) really got to me with the reference to Thick Skinned, especial when including reference to my post.

Truthfully, even after the explanation that endfm (Matthew Wicks - Administrator of Harbour City Hosting (young fellow)) gave, I am still baffled.
Though after taking a look and capturing images of his website (at that time) I know understand why.
His original site was full of extremely bad additions to the point it did not correctly display the weather nor the forecast, it was also non compliant with the original concept for Weather34 being for use with Pad type devices and contained multiple banners of google related adds.

The version Matthew was running was not the current version (note: he posted it after Brian deployed the last grateful version).
Nor did Matthew contact me to obtain any of my (MySql) files, though as per his last post that was obviously not his issue.

On the footer of his original site he had removed the "Designed by Weather34.com" and replaced with "Hosted by Harbour City Hosting".
Matthew did state earlier that he was in it for profit. My undertaking on a PWS goes way back to the days when old retired Meteorological based people retired and to reduce boredom, they would start a weather site at home, with the expertise they had learned during their life time.
These days it seems that (although there is an ever increasing majority of even younger enthusiasts genuinely trying to do the same. There is a minority who are just out there to try and profit from using other peoples software and badgering many to get their own site running as they have absolutely no idea nor expertise in coding nor the weather to say the least.

Now Matthew has removed the fore mentioned files and replaced them with a non functioning version of Brian's latest version.

I hate doing this but no one knows how long they have left on earth, but to see people blatantly stealing gets up my left nostril.

I can't even understand Matthews comment regards " btw the dude in question is near me I should visit him. :lol: "

If he refers to "David Findlay" then either one does not live in NSW or the other not in VIC.

I have most likely not made all the points I wished to make above, (too tired) but sorry just had to have my say.
Kind Regards,
Stay Safe, Have a nice Weather Day,

The plot thickens ... yes I'm seem recall something something months ago I can't recall the exactly how I dealt with it but what you mention rings a bell .. to be honest I don't give a dam anymore the deeper you look the less enthusiastic you become .. there are wannabes creators and there are genuine creators just focus on your health matey it's far more important than getting worked up over this, end of the day being honest and fair will always get the remark of respect ..

As for your thoughts on retired and boredom.. I can honestly say I have been chasing the weather since I was 16 probably earlier I amounted a vast collection 98 different designs over 30 years of old traditional barometers I just had a fascination and I never spent much on them charity shops and Sunday morning car boot fairs , I still have two today they are barographs which I restored I bought them from a charity shop sometime near the end of the 90s I rebuilt the glass cabinets as one didn't have one and the other broken glass and they make conversational curious comments from guests on occasions .. the rest I gave to a charity shop before I came here to turkey.

I look back when I was 18 converting a fax machine to decode shortwave hf facsimile transmissions from Various sources all over Europe mostly at the lower end of the radio spectrum as there was less adjacent noise from nearby broadcasts stations, all I had to do tune the radio receiver to the correct frequency tone to kick in the start tone it and if I left it on I would come home from work with a room full of printed weather fax transmissions eventually I bought a dongle for a pc in later years it was just a challenge as ready made hardware was quite expensive back then for a teenage hobby..

Today the world of technology is full of replicas in all manners be it a car , be it a phone , be it a tv they all look the same and pretty much do they same just some small difference is all that separates one from the other..so is it really worth challenging anymore..

So back to the template I got around to finally looking at your MySQL solution this morning and it was relatively easy to use , I would include all the necessary files as I didn't see the conversion file or canvasjs file in your zip,you sent me awhile ago perhaps your away ofthat and advising accordingly..

Anyway onwards and upwards...brian

Let's drop the name and shaming I didn't enjoy it but understand your frustration and would quite gladly turn back the clock and start again ...

Return to “Web site - General”