Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Time range for popups

Discussion of Mark Crossley's HTML5/Javascript gauges

Moderator: mcrossley

billy
Weather Station: WLL / Davis VP2+
Operating System: RPi bullseye

Time range for popups

Post by billy »

Is it possible to have the time range for the gauge popup plots to be different from the range for the trend graphs? I would like to have the popups to cover a shorter time (say 1 day) but have the trend graphs to cover say 7 days. None of my searches have hit upon a method to do this. If it is possible, any clues to achieving it would be appreciated.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Time range for popups

Post by mcrossley »

Depends if you are using Cumulus or CumulusMX plus the static graphs package I put together?
billy

Post by billy »

I'm using CumulusMX (3043). As for the statics graphics package, probably not because I don't know what that is! As you can no doubt tell by this reply, I'm somewhat of a novice.

Edit: Well on reflection and checking back I have indeed installed your scripts to get the gauge graphs. Indeed you and Steve helped me with a problem with that process - my web server provider at the time had an old and incompatible version of php so I ended up changing providers. So the answer to both questions is yes.
billy

Post by billy »

And just to admit another error I have made, I think I should have posted this in the CumulusMX>Server Generated Graphs for MX topic.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Right, the next question is are you using the JSON data, or a SQL database?

JSON - It just graphs all the data provided by MX, so you would have to change the MX config for Graph Hours, but that will affect all the Cumulus graphs.

SQL - The graphSettings.php has a parameter to control the period.

Code: Select all

$GRAPH['hours']          = 24; // number of hours to graph
billy

Post by billy »

Thanks. I'm only using the JSON data but its about time I went down the database track.

My apologies for presenting such a deficient and inadequately researched question. I think my problem in getting off first base here has been the long period of not tinkering with the website since the time I went to Cumulus MX (January last year), so my understanding has gone backwards - not that it was good beforehand! And of course I didn't do as much background investigation before blurting out my problem via the forum.

Much of the stimulus to enhance things has been some limits to data presentation available by the standard website - and having a look at your site gave me many good ideas!