IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Saratoga trends page update with Dew Point display

Discussion of Ken True's web site templates

Moderator: saratogaWX

saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Saratoga trends page update with Dew Point display

Postby saratogaWX » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:07 pm

It all started with a simple request to have the Dew Point trends displayed on the Weather-Display wxtrends.php page. After some discussion there, it was quite feasible to add, so I updated the Weather-Display WD-trends-inc.php and ajaxWDwx.js scripts to do that.

I got to thinking that both Cumulus and Meteobridge provide that data too, so why not do them as well?

So, the 30-Sep-2017 update (using the update tool) will give you updates for:

Base-* ajaxCUwx.js V3.05, ajaxMBwx.js V4.03, ajaxWDwx.js V2.25 to all provide an ajaxdewNoU AJAX variable and fix the Baro trends display to use consistent number of decimal places.

CU-plugin: CU-trends-inc.php V1.10
MB-plugin: MB-trends-inc.php V1.09
WD-plugin: WD-trends-inc.php V1.07

all provide a new DEW POINT column after HUMIDITY, and a note in small font to say
( Note: Only the 'Current' values may be updated in near-realtime, while the other values are current when the page is loaded. The other data was from {date} {time}. Reload this page for updated data.)

Internationalization is supported by adding

Code: Select all

langlookup|Note: Only the 'Current' values may be updated in near-realtime, while the other values are current when the page is loaded.|Note: Only the 'Current' values may be updated in near-realtime, while the other values are current when the page is loaded.|
langlookup|The other data was from |The other data was from |
langlookup|Reload this page for updated data|Reload this page for updated data|
langlookup|DEW POINT|DEW POINT|
to the language-LL.txt file(s) on your site.

Best regards,
Ken

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Re: Saratoga trends page update with Dew Point display

Postby PaulMy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:00 am

Hi Ken,
I have updated and seems fine http://www.komokaweather.ca/wxtrends.php

However the small print shows:
Trends as of 09/30/17 at 23:55:23

( Note: Only the 'Current' values may be updated in near-realtime, while the other values are current when the page is loaded. The other data was from 31/12/1969 23:55. Reload this page for updated data.)

Is there something I may have done somewhere to show the date as 31/12/1969?

Paul

PaulMy

Postby PaulMy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:07 am

Hi Ken,
Forget my previous post. I had done a few Refresh and it still showed the 31/12/1969 date. We just changed at midnight a few minutes ago to 10/01/2017 and now that the date shown correct at 10/01/2017. My first check must have been while Cumulus was doing its midnight rollover. ALL GOOD NOW!

Regards,
Paul

saratogaWX
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro Plus
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Postby saratogaWX » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:07 am

Since the update also replaces the ajaxCUwx.js script, be sure to check the settings in there, especially for the realtime.txt location.

I changed the default from /realtime.txt to just realtime.txt to better help those who install in subdirectories :)

PaulMy

Postby PaulMy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:52 pm

Thanks Ken,
I did have to change it to /weather/realtime.txt (which was my settings in the initial ajaxCUwx.js) and now the Current is updating with the Cumulus realtime.txt update and matches my console http://www.komokaweather.ca/wxtrends.php

Enjoy,
Paul

Return to “Saratoga Templates”