Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problem: Error on exiting CumulusMX on raspberry pi

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

falkunmalti
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 10, Raspberry pi

Problem: Error on exiting CumulusMX on raspberry pi

Post by falkunmalti »

Hi

I have installed CumulusMX on my raspberry pi 3 and mono 3.2.8. It runs fine but when I exit the program with Ctrl-C, the program exists but then gives me an error saying that Mutex is not owned. As requested, I am attaching the zipped MXDiags folder. The error is contained in 20071005-11 5954.txt. I have no idea what is wrong here but it has been happening lately. I hope somebody can help please. Thanks in advance. MXDiags.tar is attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Problem: Error on exiting CumulusMX on raspberry pi

Post by steve »

It's happening when the ftp client is closing down. Are you having any ftp problems, as far as you know?
Steve
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

steve wrote:It's happening when the ftp client is closing down. Are you having any ftp problems, as far as you know?
Not that I am aware of. What is Cumulus ftp'ing? to my website? Those updates seem to be working fine. You can see for yourself at www.laferla.ca/weather.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes, ftp is only used for upload to your own web site. If you're not having any issues, just ignore the error message.
Steve
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

steve wrote:Yes, ftp is only used for upload to your own web site. If you're not having any issues, just ignore the error message.
As it is, it doesn't always happen. What is mutex by the way?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

A mutex is a flag which controls access by multiple program threads to a single resource.
Steve
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

steve wrote:A mutex is a flag which controls access by multiple program threads to a single resource.
I guess if the error message says "mutex is not owned" obviously this must be the error. How can I :own" it?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You can’t, it’s referring to a software thread, not something you have any control over. The (third party) ftp component is presumably trying to release the mutex but the system thinks it doesn’t hold it now (probably already released it). Possibly a minor bug in the ftp component.
Steve
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

steve wrote:You can’t, it’s referring to a software thread, not something you have any control over. The (third party) ftp component is presumably trying to release the mutex but the system thinks it doesn’t hold it now (probably already released it). Possibly a minor bug in the ftp component.
Got it Steve, thanks. for your trouble. I won't worry about it unless it gives trouble but I was curious!